Best Carbs

• Hey, guys,

I like the article on this website about the best sources of protein.  I wish there was something like that that said what the best sources of carbs are.  At first I was eating a lot of brown rice, but then I noticed it only has 1 g of fiber per serving.  I like to shoot for at least 20 grams a day of fiber so I started eating whole wheat pasta which has like 6 grams per serving.  Anyway, my question is, in your opinion, which of the authorized carbs is the best, nutrition wise (considering fiber, and fat content, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

HighPoint

Patience, persistence, and hard work pay off.

• HighPoint,

I try and cycle and mix up the type of carbs I use for my meals. I will use wild rice, WW pasta, whole grains (bulger, oat bran, oatmeal), ww tortillas, yogurt and fruits. Personally I totally avoid all bread because it is a weakness for me and right now I am on a mission to get my 6-pack. (But oh how I love peanut butter and jam sandwhiches!!) I couldn't say what carb is best but I know my body and I feel much better when I eat a variety of foods. Not to mention my wife is a lot happier because I do the cooking in our house and it is hard for a non-BFLer to eat chicken, wild rice and broccoli every night.

Hope this helps

Best of luck with your challenge

Orrin

• Oatmeal

Brown Rice

Sweet Potatoes

BEANS!!!! (Kidney, Red, and Black) Low fat High Fiber

Get your fiber needs from Veggies.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• ooooooooooooooh yeah OATMEAL!

• most bodybuilders will name the following as best carbs:

oatmeal

beans

sweet potatoes

• Thanks for the tips!  Can anyone say *why* the ones you named are the best?  

HighPoint

Patience, persistence, and hard work pay off.