Whole Wheat Bread Portion Control

• What constitutes a portion of whole wheat bread?  I realize a portion is an amount roughly the size of your fist or palm of your hand, however, by this logic

a portion could easily be (1) slice of bread ((1) slice is also what is listed as a single serving on the breads nutritional information.)  In BFL, however, there is a morning meal consisting of a portion of protein and (2) slices of whole wheat bread.  Which is it?

Thx,

Andre

• Depends on the size of your fist. I avoid bread and stick to whole wheat tortillas, wraps, fruit, beans, and brown rice.

I try to make each meal equal in carbs and protein.

4 egg whites 24 g of protein so 24 carbs.

6oz of tuna for lunch 39 g of protein so 39 g of carbs of less.

Depends on your size I would shoot for 20-40 g of protein per meal.

I try to each 1g or protein for one pound of body weight.

So these days 180 g of protein divided by 6 meals = 30g per meal.

Minimum recomended protein is .8g per pound.

I guess same would go for carbs.

Bryan

P.S.

Bill trys to make it simple with the fist and palm but for some of us we need more information and numbers.

I don't mind counting calories and nutrients

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• I'd read the label and stick to around 20g of carbs.  All the bread I've seen that is one slice.

• Thanks for the input guys.  Much appreciated.

• Hey Andre,   Why not try the Oroweat thin breads.  They are 100 cal and 21 carbs taste delish and are shaped like a bun so you can also do a lean burger on it too.  These were  a life saver on my program.  jill

• Try Alpine Valley multi grain bread, only 10 grams carb per slice & 4 or 5 grams protein as well.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thanks for the info Bryan.  Congrats on the transformation!

• Jill, I'll give them a shot.  Are they widely distributed?  Trader Joes?

• A bread portion all depends on your size. I would think one slice for women and 2 slices for men would be about right. I'm a 180 lb. male and and a chicken sandwich with 2 slices of bread is good. My favourite bread is Ezekiel bread.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"