Protein Problems!

• I was a little afraid of the blended spinach but It actually is good. I worked all day and I was too tired to cook so I made one and okay you're right it was really good! And once I adjusted it the proteins and carbs were perfect

• I'm new to this and am not sure how to measure protein in a portion. Shouldn't everything be just a fist ful or palmful?

• tommys mom-yes generally your protein should be the size of your palm and carbs size of your fist...but when you have protein shakes, that's kinda hard so that's when you look at the labels...I tend to stick to around 20g protein and 20g carbs per meal...

My first challenge I counted my calories using the Losing App on my ipod, this helped monitor my food intake and served as another visual besides my journal, second challenge everything was habit so no need to use the app. I just knew what to eat...

Hope this helps! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• I agree with DebbieMO it becomes habit after a while but It's helpful to know how much protein/ carbs  are actually in your fist full. You can start by looking at the labels to get a good idea. Also earlier in this post there is a good link about carbs in fruit. It can sometimes be difficult to measure when something doesn't have a label.And then, there are times when you just can't measure and then you have to eyeball it. Even if you're determined to following the plan to the letter, it's not always possible. It's not going to throw you totally out of alignment with the plan if the proteins and carbs in a serving don't match exactly.