meal replacements and creatine

• Hello, I plan on starting my challenge on Monday, and am reading a lot about Myoplex shakes and bars as meal replacements. I work A LOT and this seems like something that could really help me out with the 6 meals a day, however....from a financial standpoint, myoplex is a little beyond my reach. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for similar products that may be a little more budget friendly? Also, a quick question about creatine: I've been told it should be taken before bed, and whey protein before and after working out, but the book I'm reading seems to suggest that creatine should actually be taken before a workout. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, it is much appreciated!! - Leslie
  • Do you have a GNC or VITAMIN SHOPPE near you?  I just stopped in at lunch and they had the Myoplex Lite on sale for 50% off because EAS has changed packaging.  It's worth it to go in and check the clearance tables.  Outside of that, you can purchase a 6 lb bag of EAS Premium Protein at Costco for $29.99 and that lasts me just about a full challenge.  I only do the bars in cases of no other choice because they make me a little gassy from the sugar alcohols.  

I take creatine in the form of Betagen 3 times per day.  I take mine before I workout, just after lunch and mid evening.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• If you have a super wal-mart, they sell myoplex for much cheaper than I have found it anywhere else.  BUT, you don't have to use Myoplex; there are many others out there that are more economical.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I just went to King Soopers last night and stocked up on the Myoplex Lite Chocolate Chip crisp & Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Bars because they had them on sale 2 for $3.00