Healthy Fat and opinions on Olive Oil Based mayo.

• I think one of the things I'm missing is a healthy fat. I've started trying to up that by eating a low-fat cheese, and also using olive oil based, low cal mayo (one serving a day). The mayo has no trans-fat and has polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. I know that "Mayo" is a no-no, but considering the information I've provided I wonder how "no-no" this type of mayo can be.

The book and nutrition information here state to have 1 table spoon of healthy fat a day, or fish that's high in a healthy fat 3 times a week. Fish I can eat, but it's a bit harder on my pocket book than say a jar of natural peanut-butter.

Any other suggestions?

P.S. - I hate nuts, of all kinds, but I'll choke them down if that's better than anything else.

Thanks,

Heath.

• Could you work in some avocado, maybe?

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

• you're going to have to read the label but I don't think olive oil mayo is really olive oil based. I think its still made of soybean oil which is NOT a healthy fat.

• Thanks for the input Ilpirata. I double checked the ingredients, the first four items are as follows - Water, Olive Oil, Canola Oil, and Soybean Oil.

So, you are correct that it has soybean oil. I've not used any of it, and I don't miss mayonnaise. :)

• If you're feeling adventurous homemade mayo can totally be made from olive oil and it comes out delicious.  Unfortunately its hella high fat so not for regular days.

• I actually started spreading fresh avocado on my sandwich instead of mayo.  It is delicious and makes the sandwich just as moist as mayo.

• Skip the mayo.  I have found if it's just the moisture you're looking for throw a tomato on the sandwich and you don't need a condiment.

• I haven't used any condiments on my sandwich in weeks. If I do, I go for mustard.