Myoplex

• So I read that the chocolate myoplex drinks have high levels of arsenic and other bad heavy metals. Why would they have to put that stuff in them? I've been drinking these daily for the past 3 months. Ugh!

• read where? On the ingredients?

•  This was all over the news a couple days ago www.health.sk/.../prehlad_presmerovanie.php  

• Hi jacksonsoxfan,

We want to assure you that there is no safety risk from the trace levels of cadmium and arsenic in Myoplex Original 42g RTD protein shakes. The Consumer Reports testing was based on consumption of three shakes per day. Our recommended up to two servings of Myoplex daily, as stated on the label, is well below the current accepted standards and below the proposed U.S. Pharmacopeia limits.

Trace levels of these elements are naturally found in the environment and in many foods we eat daily (such as shellfish, potatoes, rice, and leafy greens). We conduct extensive testing to ensure the quality of our products. Each time the shakes have been tested for elements, such as arsenic and cadmium, the results are below the limit of all current, well-established safety standards. You can continue to use Myoplex shakes with confidence. If you have questions about how much protein is appropriate for your needs, you should talk to your doctor or other health care professional.

You can find more information here: eas.com/Safety

The EAS Team

• wow, could a response be more wordy without answering questions or really saying anything?

This response is being copied and pasted everywhere, it is the only statement being given.

It does not adequately address my concerns regarding this issue

--- Kitty

• It is very easy to address those concerns... if you are concerned... don't use them.  Wow... that was easy!   hehe  You do what is best for YOU!  You've alerted the people on here about it more than once... so let the rest of the people here make up their own minds and you do what you need to do.  If you are concerned about the report then I would suggest you not use those shakes... but I'm not here to tell you what you should do... you should make up your own mind and let others make up theirs.

Have a great day!  

• Kitty,

The response was complete and accurate.  If you're worried, then don't use the product.  There is however, no reason not to use them if you'd like to.

Dave

• Hi Kitty,

We'd like to address your concerns on this topic and make sure you have the information you need. Please give us a call at 1-800-297-9776 from 8:30am-5pm EST Monday through Friday, and we'll be happy to provide additional details.

Thank you,

The EAS Team