Gratitude

• Today I am grateful for:

Seeing Orrin's name here again;

Coming out of the Fitness Protection Program;

Regulated my sleep schedule again;

Having such beautiful organic food in the fridge that is healthy and recently picked;

The ability to work from home most days;

Knowing the best is yet to come;

That I'm talking to God again. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Today I am grateful for:

1. My amazing wife

2. A clear understanding of who I am and what I a want, the freedom to choose any path I want to get there and the strength to overcome any obstacle in the way.

3. clean, pure, natural water from deep within the earth straight to the tap in my home

4. temptations and cravings being temporary - intense, all consuming at times but only for a moment.

5. a hope-filled future

• Today I am grateful, due to the fact that last night, I had to take my underwear in on the sides so they would stay up!  Silly, but a great feeling, let me tell you.

• Today I am thankful for change. I am also VERY thankful for some things that stay the same, and a place I know I can find, a face I know I can see, actually faCES I can see within this thread - started so long ago, by "our" peanut.

• Awwww.  That warms me.  I'm still keeping up with my gratitude list, so you know.  Now I do it in my journal, which is one of the last things I do before going to bed.  It's a wonderful way to end the day.  For the New Year, I did a list of 100.  

• Today I'm so grateful I kept going.  Just keep going!  

• "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" :D:D

• Great reference to Finding Nemo MK-Wildcherry!!!!  (Sorry I don't speak whale though myself)  WTG Jessica hang in there and always remember Jessica wasn't really bad, she was just drawn that way.  (Rodger Rabbit ref)

• Am I too much of a newbie to be sneaking in your gratitude thread?

Actually I am a seasoned vet!  I did the BFL challenge 2 years ago.  So I earned my spot 

I am grateful to be back on track and working my way to the finish line again.

I am thankful it was not 10 more degrees colder this morning.  Not really sure why, once it hits single digits it is just cold!

I am grateful for my wife and incredible family

I am thankful for the unbelievable team that is sharing this new journey with me

• @MaryKate - We both know I'm Dory.  :)

@WPBill - Does it make me old that I understood and was amused by your reference?  

@Andys14 - I sure hope you were kidding, because any and all are welcome here!  Thanks for stopping by, and please come back!    

Today, while walking to the doctor, I was so thankful for good quality outer wear, that I have good insurance so I can see the doctor, that I could return to this warm apartment, for the tea I am about to make, and for this community, one that has uplifted me for years, and one with whom I feel so very connected. This is home.  

• I am thankful today for seeing JimmieB and Ray on the same page. Two rockstars that changed MY life, and many, with thier support, sarcasm, humor, hard work, and gentle spirits. BFL will always feel like "family" to me. Roots. Foundation. I am forever grateful for this happy place.

• Today I'm feeling so incredibly grateful.  My cup is overflowing!  

A well funded VC tech start-up has asked me to join their advisory board, advising on all things human capital.  I was shocked when they sent the contract.  They're paying me in equity shares for hours, a stock option award for being on the board, and included what they called a "victory fee", which is a cash payment for placements, and at a good rate even without the payment for hours.  This was better than I would have negotiated for myself and I'm reasonably savvy in that realm.  This could end up yielding me literally zero in dollars.  I don't care.  It's a great opportunity and Wired gave us a great write-up.  I love talent acquisition.  I love tech.  I love entrepreneurship.  I love geeks.  And it's at least good for the experience and personal branding.  And it won't likely be too much work.  It's something I can work in with the job that currently pays my bills.  :)

Better.  This morning I called my insurance company about my plan options.  I have private insurance because I do so much contract work.  I switched plans within the same insurer, so no doctor changes, and it's not only $49 less a month, which wasn't the factor, but will save me thousands, and a lot of stress.  My old plan had a prescription limit of 1500 per year, which in 7 years hadn't been a problem until last year.  I'm now on one medication that's expensive and put me seriously over last year.  I now have no prescription limit, and the trade-offs were nominal, like a measly $10 increase in co-pays, and a $500 deductible / year for anything inpatient procedure.  This is a huge stress off me.  I thought I was going to "have to" get a "real" (full-time) job, and now... NOPE. :)

I'm not sleeping that great... hence the time of my post, but am so grateful that I have enough flexibility with my schedule that I can more easily ride out these bouts of insomnia.  

I'm doing a recipe and need ground cloves.  Not a problem.  I live 2 blocks from Whole Foods.  I wanted New Zealand lamb the other day, because it's grass-fed.  No problem.  I had that easily at my disposal.  Heck.  I bought small beef marrow bones the other day.  I love living in this city!  

So not a BFL answer, but I love that I've developed an appreciation for and knowledge base about bourbon.  I'm not much of a drinker, and abstained 100% during my BFL Challenge, but do enjoy 2 fingers from time to time.  

My parents laugh with me.  At 37, it's still important to me that I know my parents love and support me.  

My BFL Community, as well as the greater BFL Community.  This group of incredible people have shaped my life, and for whom I am so deeply grateful.  

• Today I'm grateful for having the knowledge that BFL exists and this community to come back to...

FAMILIAR FACES AND NEW ONE'S - I'ts nice to see some familiar faces, but it's so nice to watch a whole bunch of people I don't know begin to transform on the outside and inside too...

COMFORTING - I'ts comforting to have a "safe place" to fall after I've fallen over the past 2 years and give and get support. Some of my closest family and friends are saying "not that again", even though I had 3 successful challenges, I've failed in their eyes because I'm back..  It hurts, it's true and it's time to work on the "for life"....

AUTHENTICITY - Bazaar I know, but so nice to have "this" all for me, no one knows (other than old BFL buddies) all my demons surrounding my physical challenges and mental demons, it's nice to be able to let them out and be brutally honest, I'm just weird like that, I used to think it's because this is an American site, other side of the world, I will never "see" any of these people, then In 2010  I came to America and met some beautiful people for real who will be lifelong friends... I realised this is the only place I'm truly authentic - you see me warts and all and I've got plenty... and I'm so grateful for that.

Boy, were did that come from... shall I post.... yeah, what the heck :)

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Today I am thankful for Monday, and a successful weekend in the books. Head is clear, intentions are strong, and I am able, I am willing...BRING ON THE WEEK!

• i am grateful to be part of such an inspirational crowd of amazing people,

i am grateful for being married 19 years tomorrow,

i am grateful for my back being sound,

i am grateful fo my heart being slightly better,

i could go on, but i am so grateful for the drive & enthusiasm to get me started on this 12 week journey.

bring on the 3rd of feb.

My success is your success.