1st day of the rest of my life.

• Ok, I had planned to get up at 6am this morning. Ended up waking up at 3.45am couldn't get back to sleep so i decided to make use of the time and go to the gym and do my UBW. And I did find the bfl system of training a little tricky, but as time goes by i think I'll master it. I hit a few nines, and i actually got my workout done in 48 mins.

the good thing was the gym was very quiet people wise, so I had the weights all to my self. I was thinking of putting my day 1 pic on this thread but I think I'll leave it. Now i just have to get my 6 meals in today. So I'm very happy with my self today.

My success is your success.

• Way to go Jeff! Excellent motivation there to stay up and go to the gym!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• well today has been hard, really hard, & nothing to do with my workout, for a start i have been working 13 hours. and i am struggling to adjust to 6 meals a day, and all this water is making me feel sick. but i am not giving up, its only day 1.

tomorrow i will be using the cross trainer at the gym, my favourite piece of cardio equipment.

• Push on through buddy! Takes a while to adjust and get into the groove, I love the cross trainer too, I have a crappy one at home here, much prefer the gym ones, when I get a fitter I might go and use one just to keep up the interest.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Day 2:

I got up at 9am today, the gym was packed. But i only had my cardio to do.

And they have lots of cross trainers. Did my 21 mins. It's quite a job keeping track of time & intensity levels.

I have to say i really put 98.5 percent in today. I was a wreck. Anyone who thinks 20 mins is a breeze really needs to try this.

• Spot on Jeff! Well done for pushing it hard - only way to get results!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Day 3:

1st LBW done, felt a little disappointed due to adjusting to the time & intensities. But I did get my legs & abs done.

Last night in work I had a real bad craving for something sugary & fatty. Is this normal ? But I was very good and pushed through it, even though I had a donut offered to me. I have to say this is not an easy thing to do, but if it was easy everyone would be doing it. I just keep thinking about how awesome i will look in 12 weeks, i go on holiday to turkey in June, so that is even more motivation for me. I also have a friend who is a professional photographer, and I have asked him to take my photo after 12 weeks to keep me accountable.

I also have an appointment with a cardiologist to sort out my irregular heart rhythm.

Have a good day BFL'ers.

• Morning Jeff,

Yes, that's completely normal (sugar withdrawals).... you are only on day 3, and you do like cake, so you are used to sweet stuff, you may just be getting over it by the weekend and you know what happens then....  Your choice! If you could abstain from the sugar stuff for another week you will be well and truly through withdrawal and your cravings will not come back - they probably will next Mon/Tue if you have it on the w/e.... sorry, but it's a fact! Could you perhaps have your fav breaky on free day instead of sweet treats.... just a thought..

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• I had a better day today, I am learning mainly about what foods i like and hate. And my leg workout must have been effective as my ham strings are starting to ache. Tomorrow i am doing my cardio on the rower.

One thing i have found difficult this week is working till 11 pm, next week i work from 6am till 2pm. So I may be getting up at around 3:30 am so I can get my training done 1st thing.

And I am feeling so positive about the future. Thanks to everyone who is supporting me.

• Day 4:

Cardio done for the day, did the rower, and i even hit a 10. I kept saying to my self  "come on, is that all you've got, your better than that" and i do genuinely feel i hit a 10.

• WOOHOO! Go Jeff! Good lord you are motivated mate, I would have done the workout after work! LOL!

Ps/ This is my 4th challenge and I'm STILL working out what foods are better, fill me longer etc..

Cheers!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Jeff, sounds like you're doing a great job with your first week. I've been meaning to call my friend this week who is also a photographer, and set something up. As far as the meals and sweet cravings go, I substitute a meal or two with my favorite protein bar for the treat factor and convenience. They are not all created equal, but I've tried too many to count and have my favorites that really do feel like a sweet treat.(won't mention any names). Sometimes that protein smoothie with a little extra cocoa and strawberries does the trick.

• Congratulatins Jeff on week one! So glad to hear you are pushing those limits. I know its hard to change old habits. But if another man can do it .... SO CAN YOU. Anyone you admire, once had a dream as well. They had to dig deep, just as you are. No stop my friend. Your momentum is building! And what Deb said is SO TRUE. If you induldge too much on free day, those carb cravings WILL be there Monday. Your body goes through a detox of sorts, and craves what it had the day before. Teach it to crave what is good for your body. :) We are all here through the weekend .... come here for strength if you need it. You are not alone! :)

• Day 5:

Nearly a week finished, had a hectic day today. Didn't get up for the gym this morning & had to visit family & go to a funeral, so i ended up getting to the gym at around 3pm, and did my UBW. and i have to say it was hard but I loved it. And I even hit a couple of 10's. And my biceps felt like they were going to explode. I honestly feel in 12 weeks I'm going to look amazing.

Debs, livingood, legsy, i really appreciate your words of support.

• DA MAN!! : ) Woo Hoo Jeff! Damn right you are going to look AND FEEL amazing!!

Hey, I learned something in my training...maybe you already know....but with bicep curls, if you do the usual lift with your arms at shoulder length, fine....but then do some lifts with your hands side by side, and also a wide grip as well. (best to judge when using one of those smaller barbells) ANYWAYS, it really challenges those biceps when you tweak the lift just that little bit.

I want you to succeed Jeff. I cant tell you how satisfying it is to complete 12 weeks. I want you to experience that. : )