Challenge 1 Complete

• I tried updating my profile but it wouldn't save so I created a new thread about my completion of Challenge 1.

I've completed my first body for life challenge.  My emotions are mixed about my results. 

I've lost 2.5 pounds (all of which came off during the first week after I finished the challenge).  I've lost 1.5 inches in each of my arms, 4 inches in my belly and my thighs are the same as they were day 1.

BUT now I can do 25 push-ups, which day 1 of the challenge I could do a half a push-up.  I can also do half a pull-up -- day 1 of the challenge I could barely hold my own weight.

Someone challenged me once by saying they never met anyone that committed 12 weeks to the "t" from beginning to end and didn't see positive obvious results.  Well here I am.  My response to that is -- I was told by several people that sometimes it takes 10 weeks for a big change to come.  So I waited.  When 10 weeks went by and the "big change" didn't occur, I did not give up.  I finished the program knowing I gave it my all.  Why would anyone give up after blood, sweat and tears were put into something for 10 weeks straight and only 2 more weeks to go?

I think I learned something.  I think many people that do see big changes in their first challenge are people that were most likely not always fat.  They either gained weight over the years, through childbirth, or let themselves go after marriage, college or something else.  I've always been overweight and chunky.  I never had muscle definition.  Even when I was thinner, I was a "fat thin" with no muscle foundation or shape.

I think this challenge set me up nicely with a strong solid mucular foundation that many people were simply born with, or over the years developed, possibly in high school sports.

I also learned that the discipline I had during my first challenge is a huge reward for my personal self image.  I proved I could do this.

I'm disappointed by my overall progress so far.  Unfortunately the negative voice in my head tells me I should have done it differently.  You see, many people that have conversed with me on this forum knows my goal was to "get into shape" for my cruise in May 2010.  The negative voice in my head tells me I would have been better off starving myself for three months to lose the weight.  This, I know, is something I have to work on.

I'm excited to start a second challenge because I do believe I'm in a better physical state then before and my body is now ready for the big changes many people see at the completion of their first challenge.  My planned start date for C2 is June 7.  I wish myself and everyone else who dedicates their time to this program all the luck and success they are seeking.  Good luck!

• Well done Rosemary. Congratulations on finishing C1.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

• Well done.  Now you are a concrete foundation ready to build on the successful completion of the challenge.

• Rosemary-

Kudos to you for a job well done!! You made it! You stuck with it! You COMPLETED the challenge!  That is much more than many people can say. I plan to be joining you in that success in 7 more weeks. :)

Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so the fact that you're able to lift and move so much more than 12 weeks ago means that you've replaced that fat with muscle. I'm in Week 5, and the one time I've weighed myself during my challenge was at the beginning of Week 4. I had lost 3 pounds, and I know that most of that was water. BUT, my pants are fitting better, I'm FEELING better, I'm much more energetic and I have so much more energy!!

Remember that many of our gains are mental. Don't let a number on a scale rob you of your sense of success! You' made it!

:D

~Kimmie

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Good job Rosemary.  I was wondering how things were going for you.  Sounds like a successful 12 weeks to me.  An inch and a half (in your arms) is a huge difference.  And 25 push ups, from not being able to do any......Great!  keep building those muscles.  

Caroline

• I would say that 4 inches in your belly is a HUGE loss.  Congratulations Rosemary!!  I can't imagine anyone not being happy about a 4 inch loss of belly!!  Wooot!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thanks all!  I'd be happier with the arms and belly loss if it meant my clothing size was smaller -- but its not.  I can't get the small waisted pants past my bulky thighs and I can't button the smaller armed shirt with my bulky chest.

LOL - - sad, but true.

• You are on track.

Everyone is going to have different challenges, and end results.

And, many people here, in the forum, have had to do two and three challenges to get to where they wanted to be.

The point is, they got there!

And, so will you!

The main thing achieved is the energy, stamina, endurance,  health, strength, and will power - to enjoy a higher quality of LIFE.

You are better mentally, and physically, TODAY, then you were 12 weeks ago!

What an amazing accomplishment!

Today is W5D1 for me, and I am loving it!

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• Rosemary- do you have pictures up that we can see?

I was wondering where you disappeared off to, I didn't see you in the chat forum!!

Stacy Lynn

• Actually Stacy, I hate to sound like a downer, but no I did not take after pictures.  I actually went to an amusement park and going down a roller coaster I got a look at myself completely candid and I felt really depressed.  Even in pictures my shoulders and chest look "fat" and "broad" not muscular.  This is something I am working on.  Unless I'm actually flexing, I do not see any improvement at the end of this challenge.  I'm super stronger and energized, but that's about it.  I'm at a great starting point for Challenge 2.

• Rosemary - I just finished my challenge too and am not super happy with my results, not nearly as good as the first time I did BFL, but I did get results. The best news of all your going to keep on with another challenge. I am doing the same so here's to you for keeping on!! Yay!!

• Congratulations Greg!!! Woop!

Where's that flag guy......WE HAVE A WINNER HERE FOLKS!

Enjoy your AR - and come back on fire for the next run at it. It gets better and better as the body gets stronger and stronger!

• CONGRATS to you both!!

Rosemary-have fun on that cruise, lady! I'm jealous and come June 7th, kick it hard!

Greg-way to Go!! Wondered where you had gone to! :) Good luck with #3!

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• WHEW HEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......and the crowd went WILD :) 

ok think of a crowd sound now :D

Rosemary & Greg - You finished - that is sooooo AWESOME!!!!!  AND you are going again - THAT is fabulous, you are both winners, you could have done anything you wanted with the last 12 weeks but you didn't you chose to train your mind AND your body - you may not see the benefits you are looking for (Rosemary - in your closet) :) yet but those benefits are all over your life and so many people are better for them, thank you for not giving up AND for continuing on - you are both champs!!!!

Cory
    Life IS Good
    Not in BFL challenge currently

• congrats to you ...and i see we both live in the best state in the union too !