I KNOW WEIGHT IS THE REASON, BUT DONT MAKE IT THE ISSUE

• Look, I know weight and body shape is the reason we ALL got involved with BFL.  But why are you making weight the bigger issue?  Isn't it really to get into SHAPE?

I really can not understand why people are saying that their clothes fit better and they feel better, but are down because the STUPID scale says they either did not lose any or they gained weight.  I bet your blood pressure is lower.  I bet you are eating better.  I bet your heart rate is a bit slower.  I bet you can do more things than you could before you started BFL.  So what is your biggest goal?  Just to lose weight or to be in the BEST SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE??!!   I have seen plenty of SKINNY unhealthy people, so is that your goal?  NO!!

STOP LOOKING AT THE SCALE AS YOUR REASON and just use it as a tool to weigh the MUSCLE YOU ARE GAINING!!!!!!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Excellent post, Squid! 

I'm trying to find a post by Mike Harris about this very topic.  The bottom line was that it's counter-productive, destructive, and just silly to decide how you feel about yourself each day by that number.  What if... what if the scale broke and it read 3 pounds higher or lower?  Would that really make you feel worse or better, and not how you felt that day... the energy, vibrancy, vitality, and strength? 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• See...you get it!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM