My 4 Week Results and NEED Advice Please

• So I started 4 weeks ago and so far I have lost about 8.8 pounds of fat and dropped my waist by 1.5in. I have been eating 6 times a day and using my free days to indulge on the foods I crave all week. From the before and after pics there's not much of a difference in appearance, but I know its still very early to see noticeable changes, my shirts fit better, so I know things are on the right track. What I was hoping for was some advice from the BFL community. I wanted to know should I change my workout and cardio every month? Is the theory of hitting a plateau true? I workout at home and have a cross-trainer for cardio and free weights. I am happy with my progress but just wanted some input on this. I do not have any other cardio machine but the cross-trainer so I hope this does not hinder my results as I continue with the program. 

• I do not know what a cross trainer is, but if you can change the level of intesity and add more weights to your exercises that should help.  But you are doing awesome!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• I've changed my workout in some way every month, be it be upping the intensity (going faster, adding resistance), increasing the weights, doing some reps longer etc. Your muscles get used to certain exercises, especially the ab ones for me, so I hope that helps!

• Keep to the BFL strength training plan, which is specifically timed for eccentric and concentric.  Do change your exercises every 3 weeks or so.  It's different for different people on this one, but for most, this is about right, and you will then need to find again your intensity levels, which is very good for you.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Thanks for the advice everyone. Squid a cross trainer is also known as an elliptical trainer.

I have been increasing the weights and also changing the type of exercises for my resistance workouts. I have also increased the intensity of the cross trainer and now start at level 6 and my highs are 10 and 11. I just sometimes feel that results are still too slow for my liking. I mean I should be pleased to see 2 inches now of the waist and 9pounds lost, but I guess I am looking for the visual results.

Also when do you start to see real noticeable changes for men?

• Oh..ok...I have one of those....have to use that instead of a treadmill cause of bad knees!!  Love mine.  

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• I don't know your starting point, but I would just like to say that it took more than a month to get to where you are now.  Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is the perfect body!  Keep doing what you are doing.  You are changing from the inside out.  Outside physical changes sometimes take a little while.  When I did my BFL challenge....I saw zero results after four weeks, some minor results after six weeks, and major results between 10-12 weeks.  You are getting stronger and feeling better...that is key.  You are making a lifestyle change.  Just be patient!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• What we see in the mirror doesn't show what is going on on the inside. I am in the middle of week 10. My first 8 weeks I was frustrated because I didn't see much of a change. My clothes fit looser, but I wasn't seeing in the mirror what I thought I should see. After week 4 My wife said she noticed a big change around week 6 others were telling me all the time about how much I had changed but I still wasn't seeing it that much but all of a sudden in week 10 I can really start to see it.

As far as changing up exercise that is a great idea. Keep it fresh. Stay true to the format that BFL has but instead of Bench press try flys or instead of shoulder raises do shoulder press and so on.

Keep up the good work you are doing great.

• Congratuations on staying the course.  Wish you the best of luck down the road!

• www.facebook.com/photo.php

This helped me!