CHOLESTEROL

• 3 yrs ago I had gone into get my annual physical...that was my last time for a while!!  My blood results came back with an LDL count of ..... wait for it...... 327. I was also 30lbs over weight at this time.  They put me on lipator right away.  Well, I hate taking meds!!  Some..this one for sure, make me feel weird and discomfort sets in.  So after my first bottle, I did not take it anymore.  I looked into other ways to get it lowered.  My girlfriend and I started walking and eating better.  We found workout dvd's from Biggest loser, X-Factor, Slim in 6, Supreme 90 Day, Hip Hop Abs, Insanity, borrowed P90X, Body Beast, Rev Abs, Les Mills Combat, 2004 TaeBo, bought dumbbells, chin up bar, free weights.  I already owned a Bowflex, that I used in BFL 2001.  We have it all and use it all...all the time.  Nothing sits with dust at our house.  90% of the dvd's we have found at yard sales from ppl who don't use them...lol. I think I have a total of $100 spent on all the dvd's in our collection. 

Back to the main topic.  June I went to the VA to get my annual physicals started up again, with no $$ out of my pocket.  Last Thursday I received in the mail, from the VA..weird...Simvastatin.  So I called them on Friday about it, cause I was not notified about my Cholesterol level and I was curious as to what my number is.  They called me yesterday 8/14/13, and told me my LDL level was high and that I needed it to be under a 100.  So what is my number, I asked?  156!!  I was like YES!!, freaked her out, and so I told her I did this all on my own.  I dropped 171 points by eating properly and exercising, which she was telling me that I should do all of this to get it lowered....lol. Already happening sweetie....lol.  She also told me to take fish oil...yep doing that too...lol...So I now know I am doing EVERYTHING RIGHT!!.

EXERCISE AND EATING PROPERLY not only burns fat, but lowers Cholesterol!!  SO WHY DO YOU WANT TO STOP?  NOT ME!!

I hope this it home with some people who need some other kind of motivation to keep going.  It's not just about looking good.  It's about getting HEALTHY! And feeling better about yourself

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Freaking awesome job Squid.  I had very similar results in just 12 weeks with BFL.  Check them out here:  bodyforlife.com/.../6814.aspx

• thanks

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM