When did you see progress?

• So I started my BFL 12 week program 3 weeks ago...I'm starting into my 4th week now. I have to ask...when did you start seeing results? I've gained 2 lbs and my clothes feel snug. :(

Here's a little about me... I'm female, 30 years old, was in fairly good cardiovascular shape beforehand but looking to build some muscle and slim down. I'm 5'4" and started at 147.5 lbs.

Over the past 3 weeks, I've only missed one workout. I've done pretty well with the meals though some days I only get 5 instead of 6.

Did anyone else not see results at 4 weeks? I'm taking my 4 week pictures this weekend and I'm really afraid there's going to be now difference. Though I do think I've built muscle, and I am getting faster in my runs... I feel like the muscle is just pushing my fat out and making me chunkier! When does it start going away?

• Everyone is different, so you can't get discouraged with the process.  Remember, your body changes inside out.  Some people see weight loss immediately, while others follow your pattern.  A lot of women don't see any major changes until Weeks 8-10, but from what I hear, they're significant changes at that time.  I would say to continue doing the workouts as you're supposed to, and keep eating authorized foods, and your body will respond in time.  Try to remember that it took you a long time to get to this point, so you can't expect to change overnight.  Also, ensure you're drinking sufficient water and getting enough sleep.  I would recommend at least 7 hours.  These 2 things also affect your body.  Best of luck!

-Mike

• Hello Biddysaurus! Congrats on getting to your 4th week that is a huge milestone! I am on day 15 right now! I know it is very discouraging when you have been doing so well and the scale doesn't show it but your metabolism is still changing and adjusting to the new foods and how to use them up. One day it will feel like you just wake up and are burning fat on hyperspeed! I have heard for girls it happens around week 8! Keep up the great work!! :)

• I almost always sleep 7-8 hours a night. I'm one of those people that just has to sleep or its bad. Haha I've been drinking water and plenty of it. Here's to 8 week changes! I hope my jeans and shirts aren't snug by then. I feel miserable right now in my clothes. But I do feel more energetic and overall healthier. Just hoping to see some obvious results soon!

• I completed the 12 week program about 4 years ago (and started it again today).  For both starting points, my build seems similar to yours.  During my first challenge, I started to notice some definition in my arms around week 4.  But it wasn't until around week 8 or 9 that I really noticed changes.  I too had gained a few pounds in the first 8 weeks of the program, but around week 9 the pounds literally fell off.  I weighed myself pretty consistently (even though I tried not to focus on that so much) and ended up losing around 13 pounds just in the last 3-4 weeks of the program!!  So hang in there!  You WILL see results.  I'm starting the program again, because I KNOW it works!!!  Good Luck!!!

• Nope...didn't see any results until about week 8. Best results between 10-12 weeks.  Your body is changing from the inside out. Stick with it; keep working hard and keep the food clean, and you will see results.  Stay away from the scale.  Much better ways to check progress is body fat, pictures and measurements.

Good luck!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I know the scale is a horrible way to judge progress...but when my jeans started getting tighter that scared me! I'm sticking with it but a bit worried. I figure it definitely can't hurt to be working out like this...I'll re-think things after 12 weeks if I need too but for now I'm trying to just do it and see what happens. ;)

• I should add that my jeans are tight in the legs...not in the belly.

• I would say hang in there.  Make sure you're eating correctly - use portion sizes instead of calories and keep your meals simple until you really get the hang of things.  Watch for silent killers like salad dressings, mayo, ketchup, etc.  Drink lots of water.  Hit your 10's, and you'll be fine.  I've also found that weighing once a week, same day, same time of day, works pretty well (at least for me.) 

You can do this!