This is my Journey

• Week 9 went by so fast. Friday it was my father in law's birthday so I decided to make that my free day since we all went out to a Japanese Steakhouse and I made cupcakes for him. Got home and ate an ice cream bar also just to make sure I satisfied a few cravings. But Saturday and Sunday I planned my meals carefully to stay within the lines.  Also I weighed myself again this weekend and had lost another 3 lbs for a total of 7.8 lbs loss since day 1. Since my body has been so sore and Saturday was going to be a very long day anyway, Saturday I took a much needed break from the gym and was glad I did. By Sunday evening my whole body felt different. I wasn't dragging and feeling sore at all except for the knees. Went to doctor today for regular checkup and mentioned my knees being a bit painful. He suggested that I am overdoing it and that I should tone it down. I don't THINK so. Maybe I am working too hard for my knees, but right now I am only 3 weeks to finish line and I am sure Bengay and knee support will do just fine until I finish challenge 1. Challenge 2 I will change my program anyway to work out indoors to avoid going out in the winter whether. So happy I can see the finish line from here!!!!! So happy too that I got my Insanity DVD's today!!! Ready already for Challenge 2.

SorayaRosaria

• Week 10 has ended and today I have decided to dig into FOOD!!! IT IS SUNDAAAAAAAY!! I have taken it easy on free meals for 2 Sundays in a row, giving myself only one free meal. But I wanted to be BAD today!! No regrets!! I am sure I had more sugar today then the last 3 weeks combined, haha. But just 2 more weeks to go and we are done with C1. Took just 2 pictures today and progress is visible. I have trouble with posting them here, but will continue trying.

My lower back was hurt in the process of changing my exercises up at the start of week 9.  It hurts to turn in bed or to bend to sit down. I used heating pad, used IronMan cream, but it is not getting better, actually worse the last couple days. Knees may be less sore, not sure since my focus is now on back pain. But I have to finish this Challenge somehow so I will see what I can tweak. Went to the Dr on Monday for routine checkup and mentioned my knees and back pain. He said he thinks I am overdoing it. Well, maybe so. But too close to finish line to stop now. After week 12 I will take couple weeks off to give them time to heal and then excited to start Insanity!!!! Can't wait. But yes, I will be careful.  

SorayaRosaria

• Yes, be very careful with Insanity.  I did it for 5 weeks and did not see much of a change in my weight.  I definitively had more endurance but nothing beats BFL.  I only did it for 5 weeks because I ended up injuring my gluteal/thigh muscles. You really have to pay attention to your form and MUST stretch before doing it.  I was in too much of a hurry and just jumped into it every day without stretching.  The warmup for insanity is not really a warmup it kicks your @#!.  I really enjoyed doing it until I got hurt but have caution with your knees and back because of all the heavy impact/jumping involved.  I had to wear knee braces so if you don't hae any make sure to get some.  I am excited to see pics of your progress. Hopefully you can post them.  Good luck with your journey...

• Thank you much, healthy03 for your warnings. I did get knee support like a month ago and love wearing them when I exercise. I did get the same kind of warnings from couple other people, so I may have to wait right now on the Insanity which I am very disappointed about. But it is true, I have to be careful.

This week I only did Cardio on the bike without doing HIIT so I can make sure I am not beating up my body while its trying to heal. My daughter massaged me twice which was so necessary because I even had knots in my back. The lower back is feeling lots better too. I ate clean all week however, despite the setback and lost another 2.6lbs and have just 5lbs more to go before I am content.  I love how I look now, seem like my jeans are loose. Maybe time to shop for smaller clothes. But I am feeling down about not being able to finish this Challenge on a high note like I wanted to. Maybe next week I may be able to lift again if lower back doesn't hurt and then next Sunday take week 12 pix. Looking forward to that!  

SorayaRosaria

• I am SO excited to see the new you!  You have done fabulous, overcoming obstacles, forging ahead.  Good for yoU!

• AND THAT WITH YOUR SUPPORT, BRENDA!!!! HAHA.

i JUST POSTED PIX ON THE SITE OF THE FINAL RESULTS. THIS LAST WEEK WAS THE HARDEST. I FELT VERY LAZY STARTING MONDAY. SINCE THE LAST 2 WEEKS HAVE ONLY BEEN CARDIO AND NO WEIGHT, IT MADE ME FEEL VERY DISSAPPOINTED AND LACK OF MOTIVATION TO PLAN MY MEALS. BUT I GOT WHIPPED IN SHAPE BY TUESDAY BY MY AWESOME AND SUPPORTING FRIENDS ON MFP. ALSO I SKIPPED GYM 2 DAYS IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS AND WASN'T AS HARD ON MYSELF. I COULD FEEL TIRED OF ALL THIS PLANNING AND FOCUSING. BUT I KEPT GOING TO THE FINISH LINE.  I FELT MY RESULTS MAY HAVE BEEN BETTER HAD I NOT HURT MY BACK.. NOW I WILL TAKE A WEEK OFF AND ENJOY FREEDOM TO NOT PLAN ANYTHING AND NOT HAVING TO EAT 6 MEALS A DAY. STARTING NEXT CHALLENGE ON THE 22ND IF THE LORD WILLING. I WILL WANT TO SEE MORE DEFINITION AND MORE FAT LOSS IN BELLY AND THIGHS. IT HAS BEEN A FUN RIDE AND IT HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO BUILD SUCH AWESOME RELATIONSHIPS WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE STRONG AND HIGHLY MOTIVATED. THANK YOU ESPECIALLY TO MY MFP FRIENDS, YOU MADE IT EASIER TO CONTINUE.

SorayaRosaria

• Greetings,  Please keep in mind that injury happens to the best of all of us, but to be able to keep moving forward is very admirable and this you have done.  I wish you a speed recovery and best wishes on your next challenge. Be sure to observe the active rest period for this will help you out as well on your way. Do remember that a challenge done during the holidays is more difficult because the level to stray with the holiday goodies is a little tougher, so you will have to toughen up on the resolve when around all the party folks. Keep Moving Forward on behalf of myself and all of us on the site, Way to Go!!!

• THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT i HAVE RECEIVED AND THE KIND ENCOURAGEMENTS ON MY AFTER PICTURES. I AM EXCITED THAT I JUST FINISHED MY CHALLENGE ENTRY ONLINE AND IT HAS BEEN SENT! YAY! ALSO, I HAVE UPDATED MY PROFILE FOR BETTER VIEWING OF PICTURES AND RESULTS. I HAD SUCH A HARD TIME SINCE DAY ONE WITH UPLOADING PICS USING MY IPAD AND FINALLY BETWEEN YESTERDAY AND TODAY IT ALL WORKED OUT FROM THE DESKTOP.  I FEEL A GREAT SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT NOW.

CHALLENGE 2 STARTS NEXT MONDAY, NOT SURE AS YET IF I WILL KEEP A PERSONAL JOURNEY ON HERE AGAIN...(UNLESS IT COULD BENEFIT OTHERS TOO).

SorayaRosaria

• That sounded weird... sorry about that... I am not saying I didn't enjoy keeping a personal journey here, haha. I loved how it kept me accountable to everyone so that I would up my game each week. I meant,  it would be less work it I didn't keep track here for Challenge 2, but I would if it helps others too.

SorayaRosaria