My Week 8 Results

• THE LAST 3 OR 4 WEEKS!…………NOTE TO SELF–AND OTHERS!

written by BFLMike and read by myself almost daily the last few weeks - I am in week 8 - BRING IT ON!!

As you approach the last 3 or 4 weeks of your challenge, you will be met by many conflicting emotions and events! Here’s what is "likely" to happen if you have been working hard and dieting consistently. (If you haven’t been working hard and dieting consistently you’re probably not reading this and not even trying anymore anyway!):

1. Tired..First of all, you’re going to be a bit tired, even after a weekend of light activity and reasonable eating. Bottom line is that a 12 week all out transformation takes a toll on both body and mind, and right now the body is beginning to signal that it is getting leaner and that it isn’t recovering fully from the beating you are giving it.

While this could turn into an overtraining effect if it continued for another 8 weeks, keep in mind you have at most 4 weeks to go and this is the reward time. Force yourself to get a little more rest, even a nap if you can work it in, but DON’T cut back on the workout intensity. This is when muscles start popping out, striations and tendon inserts show up, and you begin to look like that poster or that photo you’ve been dreaming about! Completing a winning transformation takes lots of strength and stamina, and this is when you need it most!

When you’re going through Hell, keep going!

2. Emotions can really be on edge….. It can be almost like 4 solid weeks of PMS for some ladies! So, guys, if you’re reading this and your significant other is in week 8, it might be time to stock the bomb shelter or man cave with more beer and Diehard movies!

3. Others will notice the very serious changes…. and they often kick into overdrive their efforts to "stop the madness" because your new appearance threatens them or requires them to think about why it is that they are not changing

4. Hungry…..You will definitely feel a need for more food than in the past. You will be experiencing true hunger after two hours instead of around three hours as before. Depending on your leanness levels and goals you will want to choose either to ignore the hunger and eat the same schedule, if you are still needing to lose scale weight, or to add in about 20% more protein per meal if you are wanting to continue to grow or preserve muscle and are near the leanness level you want.

I promise you that the next and last four weeks will not be easy. In fact, it will be very hard. But this is clearly no time to quit–you can practically see the finish line from here.

Do what champions do, and literally force that flesh to do what you want it to. The body always thinks it’s going to die and tries to send all these "stop" messages to the brain.

The disciplined mind will take those whiney messages for what they are worth and will step it up to the very end!

• Hi Heather,

How did you find out that 6 lbs lost equals to what amount of fat lost and muscle gained? I'd like to figure out where I'm at.

• I use www.bodyforlife-tracker.com.   When you plug in all your stats it calculates it for you.  You will need to know your body fat percentages.  You can find many online calculators for that that will give you an estimate based on your measurements.