No Results by Week 4

• I want to give you a little history first. Over the past 8 years I have gradually gained about 5 pounds a year. This past year I took on a new sedentary job where I was putting in on average 70 - 80 hours each week.  I had zero time for myself or activity outside of sitting at my desk from morning till night.  I quickly gained an extra 20 pounds.  I was concerned about my weight gain so back in October I went to get my blood checked to be sure I didn't have a Thyroid problem or diabetes (which runs in my family).  Everything came back healthy and normal. But when I went home for Christmas and overheard people talking about my weight gain, I knew it was time for a change.  I am 5'8" and 200 pounds.

So 4 weeks ago I started Body for Life with my boyfriend. I have been 110% committed to this new life style. I even took my work week down to a max of 50 hours so I could be sure I had enough time for the gym in the morning and planning for food in the evening. I have 6 small meals a day consuming 6 portions of carbs, 6 portions of protein and a minimum of 2 vegetable servings a day. I have a total of about 50 pounds to lose and have seen zero results, outside of losing 1 pound. My boyfriend on the other hand is seeing amazing results already (I get that men are different then women).

A sample day:

5:00 AM - Go to the gym

7:00 AM - 3 egg whites, 1 single serving package of instant original oatmeal

10:00 AM - EAS Myoplex LITE Bar

12:30 PM - Salad with cucumber, tomato, onion, carrots and grilled chicken strips. Raspberry Vinaigrette Spritzer Dressing, Piece of Fruit

3:00 PM - Low-Fat Cottage Cheese, Apple

6:30 PM - Chicken Breast, Asparagus, Wild Rice

9:00 PM - EAS Myoplex Vanilla Protein Drink

Am I missing something? I just don't know what else I could be doing. Should I increase my cardio to 45 minutes instead of the intense 20 minutes? Should I be lifting less weight with more reps?

• From what I have read here many women see changes in later weeks.  Make sure that you take measurements and/ or body fat don't purely use the scale as a tool.  Clothes are a good reference as well.  Take out some old clothes that you haven't worn, give them a shot.   Read this, this explains many things that we don't realize are happening.  Look around the Hussman Fitness site, great information that will help you.  Stay focused and remember it's about progress not perfection!

flatlinersbodyforlife.blogspot.com/.../holy-grail-hussman-fitness-bfl-support.html

• I would say to try reducing the amount of fruit u are eating... Skip the last snack unless u can find a way to rat it earlier than 9.... And get more sleep. Everyone is a bit different but I did these three thing and saw more results....

• I just completed my 4 weeks also, see the post I posted today... it may help! Don't give up!

• Thanks all for your comments. I really enjoyed reading Flatliner's blog. Good stuff and it's nice to know that we all experience similar things while going through BFL. Keep up the good work!!  The Hussman Fitness website gave me a lot of good info too. I think I am going to up my cardio workouts to 45 minutes, doing the first 20 HIIT and the remaining at a level of 5-6.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

• Thanks danar for the props!  If I could give you one bit of advice, stick with what you have been doing through week 8, then add the extra cardio in throught the last 4 weeks.  The lean mass you are developing will actually increase your resting metabolism in the long run, which in turn will help burn more fat in the long run.  Stay focused!

• Keep taking measurements and do 4--week and 8-week pics.  The scale can lie and is not everyones friend.  It shows slow progress for me at the 4-week time frame & I know I am making progress.  Does your scale show body fat %?  If not, go for those tools they show better accuracy.

KEEP IT UP!!!