Challenge pics posted on profile

• Hello Bfler's. This passed challenge was an attempt for me to add some muscle mass. The picture quality is poor as they were just taken with my cell phone. I'm not as lean as I would like to be but it was still a good challenge and I am as motivated as ever to continue building the best body I can and staying fit as a 50 pluser!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• I read your transformation story the other night after you gave some advice to someone else and it helped keep me motivated.  You look great, keep up the good work, and yes, you can see you are adding the muscle on!

• great job!!  And to see you're still keeping this up over these years!

• Looking Great! Yeah it is very hard to put on mass while still trying to stay lean. Buking a little myself till the end of Febuary. Shooting for my first competition June the 9th. Evere thought of competing? You have the build for it!

"Everybody falls down, it's all about how fast you get back up. So Get Up!" 

• Timothy: I have started an advanced bodybuilding routine and will be on it for the next few months. The workouts are chest....back....shoulders/traps.....arms.....and legs. The workouts are 2 days on....1 day off....2 on....1 off...etc. I'm cutting way back on cardio. My nutrition will be little higher in carbs but all clean. I will still give myself a free day once a week. All the best to you in the new year.

• You have a great physique! I hope I look as good as you when I'm done with my 12 weeks. I started in a little worse shape than you, but I'm training and dieting hard! Seriously- fantastic job!!! What is your training schedule like? And can you tell us about your diet?

• Steve: I take my nutrition very seriously....even more than my workouts. Nutrition is 90% of your success. You are better off missing a workout than you are blowing your diet. I keep my nutrition very simple. There are some staple foods that I enjoy and just eat them over and over. Some of my basic meals that eat almost everyday are protein pancakes.....chicken breast with a yam.....ground turkey and rice.....cottage cheese and fruit.....veggie omlette with  toast....a good quality protein bar and I always have a protein shake and some fruit after my workouts. I eat my food very plain.....not alot of sauces although I do use ketchup and mustard alot. Keeping it simple and repeatable is a secret many do not embrace but it works.

• That is some amazing progress! Awesome job.

• Great job fellow 50+er (52 this summer) !  I agree with the nutrition, gets a little boring with bland food, but until I get time to modify I'll choke down anything healthy to keep from going back to junk or "unclean" foods.  Hope to look like you soon.

• Streamlined: Just read your profile....what a story you have. All the best to you in your fitness journey. If you have any questions I'd be glad to help.

• I was wondering what you ate. I am trying to keep it simple as well. This what I am doing now..i am only drinking water, NO SODA or ALCOHOL...EAS 100% whey protein shake (made with vanilla soy milk) post workout, myoplex lite bar, tuna made with 1 tsp mayo, mustard and dill relish, myoplex lite bar, chicken breast or turkey or salmon with some broccolli and brown rice, EAS 100% whey protein shake (made with vanilla soy milk). What do you think? Will this work?

• NJ:  Great you are drinking lots of water and cutting out the soda and alcohol. From what you have written above you are drinking 2 shakes per day.....eating 2 protein bars per day and eating 2 whole food meals per day. Typically I would eat 4 whole food meals and one protein shake (post workout) and one protein bar. Try to eat as much whole food as possible and supplement with the shakes and bars. Some of my regular meals in a day would be lean ground turkey and brown rice.....chicken breast and a yam.....cot. cheese and fruit.....protein pancakes. You are doing great...keep it up.

• Thanks Fit4life. I will eat more whole foods. I lost 3 pounds this week and feeling pretty good. I am hope that the weight I am using at they gym is helping me. I didn't realize how week I was until I started this program. So I am starting out with upperbody using 10lbs to start and increase by 5 each set. I am starting out with lowerbody using 40lbs to start and increase by 10 each set. Then with abs, I just do floor crunches and thats it. I think I may add a weight (like a 10lb db) with my crunches. With cardio, I am doing a walk/run on the treadmill (totally killer right now).

I see your pictures and know that you have done VERY well. I am trying my best to eat well and do the exercises right. I just hope that I am doing it right and well and get results like you have.

Thanks again.