13+ week Afghanistan transformation

• I arrived in Afghanistan in Feb weighing 220.  I started dieting on my own, cardio 3 days a week and stronglifts 5x5 3 days a week to get my strength up so I could do something else.

From Feb through mid-May, I lost 14 pounds.  I started BFL weighing 206.  The workouts were great and I lost a ton of weight...  2 weeks ago I was at 191.25 and I was sure I could hit 190 with ease.  From there, the wheels fell off of my diet.  I continued to work out hard and felt like I made some great gains there, but I was unable to maintain my diet; I still ate good foods, I just ate too much.  So instead of 190, I finished week 12 at 197.  I continued through week 13 and into 14 and sit at 195 right now.  I can live with that weight' more importantly I can live with feeling better, lower blood pressure and more strength.  I was supposed to start cholesterol meds when I get home, now I hope that wont be necessary.

I am a little disappointed in my diet efforts, but I feel like I still have a lot to be happy about.  I am able to do 12-10-8-6 body weight dips and I can do pullups for the first time in my life.  I am also under 200 for the first time in at least 10 years.

My new  challenge will be keeping this up once i get home, and more importantly getting my spouse and kids all to eat healthier and maintain more active lives.

Sorry about the poor quality start pictures, all i had was my webcamera.

• Great job! Don't worry about the food so much. You committed and finished the challenge and you are healthier for it. Keep up the good work.

• Great job. You look terrific.

I went out walking through the city center, it happened just the other day. Sometimes Sydney Harbor in the winter, blows a little luck my way.

• Great! Thanks for sharing and thanks for serving our country.

• Fantastic work, especially in light of any differences in training and availability versus stateside. ALso THANK YOU for your service to all of us here in the good ole USA.  I still like this one....BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE!!!!!!

• Fantastic results!  You should be so proud of yourself.  Thank you for your service!

• Looking good! Achieving  results no matter the location. Thank you for serving our country.