Starting August 8th, BFLUNWFASC, Please Join Me

• Thanks AnneB. Rollerblading is nothing new to me but I had not used them since April.

Hello Week 3!

I have alot to post today. Got back in town last night just in time to go to bed. It was a great weekend and got to visit with family and have some fun in the sun. Thursday after work I squeezed in some strength training before our 5 hour drive to the coast. Friday was my rest day and we spent 4 hours on the beach and I got a small sunburn.

Saturday morning I went rollerblading on the Seawall for my 30 min cross-training session. Ellen walked our dog and we both headed in the same direction. I timed it out perfectly to where I ended up turning around and getting back to her in exactly 30 minutes. I ended up skating 4.74 miles in 30 minutes. The rest of the day we spent eating and luckily 80% of the food was Paleo so I was able to stick to my plan (except one sweet). Yesterday was my long slow run and I headed back to the seawall with my sister and she bladed while I jogged. I did not get out as early as I did Saturday and it was sunny, humid, and hot. I sweated out a gallon of water and did 4.01 miles in 40:40. I did not eat up early this morning so I plan to do my strength training after work this evening.

The Seawall

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• Last night I had a good workout. I think after working out the the morning for a while now I have more energy than at the end of the day. It took alot of mental strength to get it done. I am tracking total volume (weights x reps x sets) and I am up 8.3% from week 1 and 5.7% from last week. I read a great article yesterday about quality of range of motion. www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php

This morning I felt like not getting up and sleeping in. Luckily I am still kicking it into overdrive and I got up anyway. I knocked out my 3 mile run under the stars, showered, and I was out the door for work. I am really liking having 5 of my 6 workouts in the mornings. connect.garmin.com/.../108769492

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

• Sweet - that Seawall looks like the ultimate running space. Lucky you Bryan! Love the "living the dream" pics.

YAY to week 3.

Still going strong here. NO STOP!

• The seawall is a great place to run, bike, blade, or walk!

I feel awesome today! Healthy loving life and wife. I did my short fast run this morning. 2 mi in 17:31. connect.garmin.com/.../109010579 I told Ellen last night I wanted to do it under 18 and I like seeing my pace as I run so I can set goals and reach them. I am still feeling that spark that I had not felt in a long time. According to my calculation I have shed 4.94 lbs of fat and gained .75 lbs of muscle over the past 2.5 weeks.

• Feeling strong, really enjoying the plan, its even causing me to be a little adventurous... just mixed greek yogurt and quinoa... yum just like rice pudding, added a lil lemon zest and truvia. So good when youre craving a lil treat.

• natbloom - I am glad you are still going strong. The sounds like a good combination of flavors.

I woke up 10 min later than I would have liked this morning. I was on the trail by 5:20 for my 3 mile run. My only goal was to do it faster than Monday and under a 10 minute pace. It was alot cooler and there was lightning in the distance. In the first 200 feet I stepped in a hole. I decided to use the lap button to compare each mile. Mile 1 9:29, mile 2 9:58, mile 3 9:37 and finished 3.05 in 29:26. Tomorrow I am riding with my wife to Amarillo and I am flying back on Sunday. She starts school Monday and we will be back into our long distance routine. We won't see each other again for 25 days. connect.garmin.com/.../109240555

• Weekend recap:

Friday lifted in the AM the drove to Amarillo

Saturday biked 7 miles in 30 mins

Sunday Ran 4.69mi in 46:19 using negative splits fly home

I had a great workout this morning. I have been tracking total volume (reps x weight x sets) of my workouts. I posted a chart on my blog to show my increase in strength. I am changing up my workouts next week so it will be like comparing apples and oranges once I switch routines. I am up 11% total volume and 17% on just triceps.

• Wednesday is my sprint day. The program I am following has every Wednesday morning as just 2 miles. I pushed hard this morning and finished in 16:44 with 50 feet of elevation change. 45 seconds faster than last Wednesday. Recently I have been giving up the things that hurt my progress in the past. I have not had fast food Since July 31st, 1 month. No alcohol in 24 days. This week I am giving up my hardest so far, coffee. Today is day 3 without coffee. I had a headache around this time yesterday morning and I felt sluggish in the afternoon but I slept well last night and I was tired by 830 and asleep by 930. connect.garmin.com/.../110776230

August was my 2nd highest mileage in a month at 45.85mi. thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/.../august-recap.html

• My cell phone alarm did not go off this morning. Luckily I woke up with just my regular alarm but I was running late. I didn't start my 3.5mi run until 5:25am and finish about 6am, which is when I need to be out the door for work. I finished 3.5mi in 34:06 then crossed the highway and ran 0.27mi home. Today is my last day of work before my 4 day weekend. I have no plan and my wife is out of town and I plan to do nothing all day tomorrow. I have worked out the last 13 days straight. I am going to do my chest/back workout tonight so I can take tomorrow off. connect.garmin.com/.../110997003

This coming labor day weekend marks 2 years of staying under 190, 1 year of running outdoors, and week 4 progress pictures. thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/.../2-years-under-190-no-trainer.html

• I don't see any posts. I hope nobody gave up or is off the wagon after only 5 weeks.

Saturday I rode my bike for my cross-training day. Went to the town square and back and there was a car show. I finally fixed my broke pedals. They broke 6 months ago and I got new ones 3 months ago. If I knew it was as easy as it was I would have done it a long while back. 7.84mi in 40 mins

Saturday night was my cousin's 40th birthday party. I drove to Dallas and decided to stay the night and run the Katy trail with a friend for my long slow day on Sunday morning. At the party they had an open $500 tab for everyone but I stayed strong and stuck to my no alcohol decision.

Sunday the Katy trail was super busy and we got started around 10:30am so it was already in the 80s. I could not help but thing I was slowly going uphill the first half and after looking at the chart I was not wrong. 5.73mi in 55:28

This morning I tried out Endorush because the store I buy N.O.Xplode closes early on Sunday and I did not make it on time. It is make by the same company and similar packaging. I did not feel as wired or intense on the Endorush and it tasted like crap. I will finish out the small bottle and do back to N.O. Explode. I had a pretty good workout. This is the 2nd week on my new routine and I am pushing my triceps harder as my biceps seem to be maxed out for now.

Yesterday the grocery store was having a meat mania sale. I picked up 6 chicken breasts and 8 pork chops and got to grilling and planning for the week. I packed a gallon ziplock back for each workout this week containing 3 hardboiled eggs, 2 pork chops, and a chicken breast. Planning for success!

• I am here. :)

It's the middle weeks....time for many to drop out.

You are stuck with me Bryan. HA HA.

• I'm still with ya Bryan, Your stuck with me to Bryan. =) LOL  

• OMG who is that freak!! ANNEB!! Did you cut and dye your hair?! ha ha.

Now I get it....photoshop.

Na....I'm jealous. Whoever that is. :)

• Lol~ Legs ~ Thats just to inspire everyone to see if they can Try it on sand. Thats one of my goals to do. didn't get to try it on the sand yet, all i did was wrote on it this time. Next time is to try the handstand. Got that pic out of {Get fit Workout of the day.}