Starting August 8th, BFLUNWFASC, Please Join Me

• BFLUNWFASC: Body for Life United Nations of Workout Freaks All-Star Challenge start August 8th

I still have a little over 2 weeks before I start a new challenge Aug 8h. I am heavier and have a higher body fat percent than I did Day 1 of challenge 1 (20 months ago) and this will be challenge 4. I am still looking to get back to 160 pounds of Lean body mass and I currently at 148. Am I really able to shed 12 pounds of fat and add 12 pounds of muscle? I have not been able to do it yet.

Challenge 1 (December 2009 - March 2010)

I shed 5.1 pounds of fat and lost 2.4 lbs of LBM (strict and by the book)

Challenge 2 (July 2010 to October 2010)

I shed 0.9 pounds of fat and gained 1.7 lbs of LBM

Challenge 3 (February 2011 to May 2011)

I shed 1.5 pounds of fat and lost 1.0 pound of LBM

I have gained 5 pounds of fat and gained 2.3 pounds of LBM since C3

I am hoping doing Paleo and mixing a 12 week challenge with half marathon training will produce better results this time

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• You got this Bryan. A whole new level of fitness is right before you.

• Bryan- Good luck. If anyone can do it, I know you can. Apparently, lots of folks are starting on 8/8. We have a group of about 12 that are all starting on that day. Most are on their 3rd, 4th or 5th challenge. I too am going through what you are. Cant seem do dial things in to reach my ultimate goal.

I wish you luck and will be following your progress. Stop in on the Warrior thread any time.

• YYes, I'm in!  This date will give me 2 weeks of AR.  4th challenge.

I originally wasn't planning on starting another one 'cuz I might have a crazy schedule once school starts and am extremely anxious about juggling things, as I've burnt out in the past something fierce.  But...  Well the name of this challenge just BEGS to be had plus I'm excited that a lot of you veterans will also be doing it.  i"m struggling with the 'for life' part.

• I'm in too!!!  We can do this.  

• I am excited about this new challenge and plan to re-read the book. I have not read it since before my 1st challenge.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

• I'll be doing challenge 2 on August 8th. It's so funny how everyone is picking that day.

@bryanL you have been one of the people I really look up to on here as far as what a huge transformation you have. You killed it. I would love to do this challenge with you.

• alchemistress - Congrats on completing your challenge, you did great! I would be glad to have you as a park of the group. And thanks, the biggest part of my transformation was before I found BFL but I love BFL and integrate it into my routine FOR LIFE :)

• k, I wrote out my goals for C4 that starts in exactly 1 week:

Reasons for making the decision to change:

◦want to be fit and healthy as I age

◦be a good role model

◦garbage in , garbage out

◦When I eat right, I am an overall better person

12 week goals:

1.I will let no fresh produce go to waste.

2.I will lose 1% body fat.  (seems low?  in C1 I lost 2.5%, in c2 I lost 1.5%, then C3 I lost .3%) so I'm basing it off that.

3.I will remain focused even when I start 7-day workweeks.

4.I will keep track of my budget every pay period.

5.I will not take stress out on my husband once school starts.

6.Look fabulous when I try on outfits for a wedding in October.

7.DO A HANDSTAND!!!

Which patterns of action will prevent me from reaching my goals?

◦missing meals earlier in the day

◦forgetting to constantly drink water

◦turning to fast carb junk when i get overwhelmed or tired

◦remembering how satisfying (yet short-lived) a fatty take-out meal was after coming home from school

◦when I eat bad, I am fooled into thinking it's no big deal.  but it actually ruins the rest of the day.

◦stomach and mood turn sour

What NEW patterns of action do I need to establish?

◦Eating CLEAN comes first.

◦When I have spare time, cook up lots of meals and freeze them.

◦look at handstand pictures often

◦plan my workouts ahead of time

When listing my goals, I always like to list the fun ones last for a lasting impression on my brain.

• Great goals! I need to work on writing out my goals. I feel something new I have never felt before any of my other challenges. I am motivated and optimistic.

• Challenge 4 Goals

Reasons for making the decision to change:

Still have not met my original fitness goals

Gained weight/fat after the wedding

Motivation is on the rise and I want to harness it

It is too darn hot to do anything else

12 week goals:

Lose 8-10 pounds of fat

Chest 10 inches bigger than waist

Average running pace under 9min/mi

Gain 1/2 inch on arms

Complete 95-100% of my workouts

6 days x 12 weeks = 75 workouts * 95% = 68 workouts

(I can only miss 4 workouts. C1 I only missed 2)

Limit unhealthy/processed food to every other free day

Run a half marathon at end of Week 13

Which patterns of action will prevent me from reaching my goals?

Allowing myself to makes unplanned decision when hungry (fast food)

Not practicing self control on weekends

Losing focus of my goals

What NEW patterns of action do I need to establish?

Self control on weekends

Not allowing myself to get super hungry

Going to bed early and waking up by 5am Monday thru Thursday

Plan ahead and eat more home cooked meals

• Excellent.  Thanks BryanL ... will definitely join you guys.  Today I also registered on a FIT 4 LIFE 8 week challenge with some work colleagues, so definitely have the support coming in now :)  

My biggest weakness is chocolate, junk food and yummy ISLAND FOOD!!!  So will definitely need lots and lots of discipline with my food plan. If I could manage 7 weeks in the last attempt, I'm sure as heck can go all the way to 12 weeks this time.  And with Christmas (and Summer in NZ) just around the corner, that will give me more ammo to keep going.

Thanks BFLers ... hope you are all revving yourselves up for 8 August.

Talk again soon.

• Here is the list I have so far of people starting on Monday

Legs

AnneB

Michelle-Nebraska

OptiGirl

Malena

alchemistress

TaylorT

Kilani21

Anybody else I am missing?

• Add me, please!!!  This will be my first challenge and am super-excited to join in!  Looking forward to meeting my teammates.... :)

• C4W1D1 and I am pumped. Today is also the beginning of a 10 day juice fast Ellen is doing. I woke up about 10-15 minutes later than I had planned. I got to the gym at 5:20 power by a 1/2 shot of NO Xplode Blue Raz. I finished my workout in 29 mins and headed home to shower. Work starts at 7am for me but as long as I am there by 7:30 I am considered on time. Since I was running 15 minutes late I decided to go to smoothie king for breakfast. My workout summary is in my blog. I don't to have a long post cluttering up the page.

thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/.../c4w1d1.html

Welcome Heather!