12 Weeks and 8" later

• My official end date is Saturday 6/18/11, but I am posting pictures today because I will be out of town. My body fat was at 21% when I started, it is still saying 21% but I am having myself measured next week because it seems off. My weight is also the same at 132 but it is the TOM for me.

Got scanned a week after I finished ended at 19% body fat :)

Start                                                       End

Weight:                                  132                                                         132

Bust:                                       35"                                                          33"

Waist:                                      27"                                                         25"

Hips:                                        39"                                                         37"

Thighs:                                    22"                                                         20"

Bicep Flexed:                         10.5"                                                       11"

Pictures are on my profile.

We have the rest of our lives to perfect this....do your best and forget the rest!

• Pattymelt

Let me share with you a wonderful nugget of wisdom from the late great Mike Harris.  There's absolutely no question you lost body fat.  How do I know?  Baring something crazy and this is not one of those situations, when your waist measurement goes down, it doesn't just indicate, but proves that you lost fat.  That's the real measurement that matters.

I know you're disappointed about not having lost weight and want to be mindful of my words.  I know that after my challenge when people reacted to my saying that I still had weight to lose got me frustrated.  I don't intend to patronize when I remind you that you don't have much to lose.  That means the progress will APPEAR to be going more slowly and that is highly frustrating.

.5 inch on your bicep is huge progress, given your relative size.  When you look at that in comparison to the other measurements that went down I think it's impossible (literally) to see this as not being a big success.  

How are you measuring body fat %?  If calipers, remember there is a large margin of error.  Do a bod pod or DEXA scan or just look in the mirror.  If you used one of those scales that tell you your % then know Mike considered them as accurate as a magic 8 ball.

I think you know I speak what's on my mind and do not sugar coat and that also was the case in this post.  

Jessica

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Hey Jessica,

I agree with you 100%.  I don't understand why that machine is still giving me that same number but I look different and ultimately that is more important than any numbers.  As you can tell from my pictures I have a J-Lo booty but it was starting to droop and become dimply (not pretty) now it is much higher, firmer and rounder. My quads are also very shapely and although you can't tell too much from the picture they are also much more defined.  I was planning on having a Bod Pod scan. Once I get that done I will update my numbers.  I will definitely  be back on BFL after I finish P90x. So we will chat again :)

Patty  

We have the rest of our lives to perfect this....do your best and forget the rest!

• Patty,

You look awesome ! Congratulations ! I think you did not lose weight bc you did not have anything to lose ! That's the perfect weight for your height ! I can see a huge difference. You looked good before, you look smokin after ! Great job ! Thanks for sharing. I'm in week 5 and found this really inspiring bc I also tend to lose little weight and it's frustrating for sure. But seriously, no one that sees you will ever know what you weigh, and you look fantastic !:)

• Awww.... thank you Runnergirl007! That is very sweet and best of luck on your challenge.

• Hi Pattymelt, you look amazing!!! Very inspiring!!

• Thank you BFLbride2b!  When are you getting married and how far along are you in your challenge?

• Hi Patty, I'm getting married Aug 27...just wrapping up a challenge and am rolling into an 8-week sprint before the final dress fitting :) Challenge has gone well, I started an unofficial challenge in mid Feb and have since lost 20 lbs.  Still more to go, but very happy with the progress so far and what I've learned about what works/doesn't work for me! And folks like you keep inspiring me, thanks for sharing!  

• I looked at your pics, you look MUCH BETTER at the end than at the start, particularly your legs and butt area... I would say all round that you won big... good luck with continuing with BFL or P90X

I went out walking through the city center, it happened just the other day. Sometimes Sydney Harbor in the winter, blows a little luck my way.

• wow great job!  and i like that orange stripey bikini better than the other one.  and ur a mom to 3? u look great!

• Thank you Dogsbrekky & OptiGirl!

• As I mentioned before,  I think your current transformation is amazing and I wish you the best during your other endeavors in the meantime. I have no doubt you will succeed in those as well.  Way to go gal you make us proud here in Florida!!!

• Thank you again WPBill :)

• can I have your before body since you're not using it anymore?

• Well... are you back on a challenge?  What did you decide to do?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!