Starting Today (even though it's Tuesday)

• I hear ya about the eating times, more often than not I find myself behind on my meals than I do waiting for the next meal.  I've set up my meal plans so I have a protein shake first thing in the morning to help get off to a good start.  Cottage cheese and blueberries is also a quick fix too.

• So you think the protein shakes really help??? I do a lot of Tuna and Triscuits and coco covered Almonds for a little treat. I try to push my self as much as I can on my workouts. I'm looking forward to my lowerbody workout. I have noticed though I'm not really breaking a sweat with I'm doing strenght training , maybe I'm not pushing hard enough...?? btw Everyone else seems to be doing great as well.  I behaved for the most part on my free day but I did have a freind in from out of town so a night on the town celebrating was probably not the best lol...

• I definitely think protein shakes help.  If I am home, I will blend in a banana and some skim milk with protein powder.  If I'm at work I will just mix the protein powder with water or skim milk and eat a piece of fruit with it.  For my last free day, I had a bacon egg & cheese english muffin, clam chowder, and pizza, with some snacks in between. Some people prefer to only have a free meal, but I like to keep the whole day off the leash. For myself, I just make sure I dont stuff myself silly, so I keep my portions in control.  I used to eat 4-5 slices of pizza, now I would have maybe one or two.  If you're happy w/ one free meal that day, cool.  But don't feel guilty for letting loose once a week. That's what it's there for.

• Be careful with milk and nuts. Milk is counted as a carb (unless it's soymilk) and 1/2 banana is considered one serving in BFL. Nuts are great but they have a lot of fat. I eat nuts every day but I don't eat any meat and everything else I eat is lowfat.

@T-Rex: pack some protein bars! :)

-katiebugglet

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• I couldn't imagine only having half a banana.  I guess if it is a really large banana that would make sense (the Lg are easily about 200 cals, so about 50G carbs), but a med - small banana would only be around 25g carbs +/-.  I like using the milk (4oz) with my protein shakes because it halps to balance out the carb to protein ratio.  for myself, I try to take in about a 30/30 split which is spot on with the BFL plan.   So far so good, down to 203 from 215 in 3 1/2 weeks.  Although I'm sure a woman would want to take in less than a man, depending on set goals.  Almonds are definitely a great thing to have, but like katiebug pointed out, moderation is the key.  I personally like to have cashews, pistachios, and peanuts (reduced sodium or sodium free).

• Awesome upper body workout today!  How's everyone doing?

• Hey Noticed everyone has been quite so I decided to check in with everyone...full disclosure it is one week away from finals in my MBA program 3 20+ page writing assignments between my classes so the past two weeks for me have been an epic fail. But I'm not quiting I'm recommitting and getting back in the game. I hope everyone is still with me! I hope no one is letting life get in the way like I'am....your health and well being should be priority or we will be no good to anyone....Here's to a strong finish everyone!!!!

• Hi T-Rex.  Good luck with your report.  I have my finals next week.  BSME.  I had family up from Tx for the last week and they left yesterday so it was rather hectic getting everything in.  I got all my exorcises in last week, but my weekend eating was not ideal.  I missed my mon-weds routines this week, but plan on getting back on track tomorrow with a nice run.

• I am 49 years old and I too did the challenge or at least started to do it about 4 years ago. This time I am serious and I  also want to win the challenge. I have the determination this time and I also have a personal trainer and a nutritionist that is supplied by job. These are the benefits that I love about my job.

• Today was cardio day for me. I rode my recumbant bike. Tomorrow is upper body workout day.

Come visit my blog!

http://fittrac.blogspot.com

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you'll be right!

• OK, I'm back.  The last week has been an epic fail for me as well.  I got my workouts in until I went to Kentucky to visit family.  Got back Sunday night and have not worked out since!  Ugh!  Starting again tomorrow.  I can at least do upper body and get back on the wagon.  

• Killer upper body workout on my generic bowflex (weider crossbow).  I've read a lot about people saying that tension will not yeild ideal results, but it's been only 5 weeks, and I can already see tramendous results!

• That’s amazing bvolpe keep pushing I know you are going to meet your goals with flying colors. I have been making a real effort towards my workouts but I'm still struggling with my meals, my husband to be and I love to eat out a lot which has been a huge problem for me, making time to make meals, my goal in the coming weeks is to plan better, week in advance, which I had failed to do in the beginning. I see some muscle definition, but no weight loss which is REALLY frustrating but I know it's my eating. How is everyone else doing?? Week four down, eight more to go...anyone doing pics? Also welcome to the group csxtrain!

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail....

oxox Tee

• How's everyone doing?

I had a bad week the week before last, I got all my runs in but missed my workout sessions.  Plus I was pretty much eating like a pig all that week as well.  Got back on track this week, and finished it off today with a great upper body workout.

• How's everyone doning?

Today is my off day, but yesterday I had an awesome UBWO.  Tomorrow starts week 12.  I'm seeing a lot of changes and I'm happy for that.  But I also messed around a lot with my eating and drinking habbits etc.  I plan on jumping right into a second challenge.  I dont plan on taking a week off b/c a couple weeks back I did just that.  So Hopefully the second time around I will be more dedicated.

To date I've lost 17lbs, and I'm below 200lbs for the first time in almost two years. : )  My energy is through the roof (when I get sleep ; )  and I'm seeing huge physical inprovements as well.