April's journey 84 days before and after pic's

• Hey Finition-

So far it's going well. I'm loving the program. Sometimes i question if i'm doing everything right but seeing good results so far. Wish i had done this years ago !!! Btw, you sent me a message somewhere and since i'm new to the website, cannot figure out how to email or send people messages ?? It's so awesome to have this support group ! :)

• I believe you just go to your profile..you will see a little number up there. Click the number and it should take you to the thread. I get everything sent to my email as well so I have a back up if I miss anything

on here ;)

• gotcha..thanks. I'll try that !! :)

• All I can say is - WOW!  Thanks for the encouragement!

• How's everyone doing????

• Hi Finition...just saw your results pics for the first time and thank you for posting because they are so inspirational.  Congratulations on your achievement!!  

I am 2 1/2 weeks in and love the program too.  The food is great and my energy level is either really high or I feel like I want to sleep, sleep, sleep.  I figure that's just because of what's going on inside my body.  I am still trying to adjust my workouts where I feel I am killing it every time.  Upper body is there but I have been struggling with lower body a bit.  Could you share your experience with this and what exercises/weights you did for lower body?  Also what was your journey like at this point?  I am seeing results but not the weight loss I am looking for yet (started at 164 and would love to lose 25-30 lbs.).  I want to do as much as possible in the 12 weeks; haven't cheated at all nor missed a workout but just doubting that I am doing everything correctly.

Just wondering what is was like for you since you ended so great.  Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated!!  

Congrats again and have a great day!

• Good morning mom0four. I love your  right up, conrats on the start of your journey and for making the time to fill your cup! I loved your part about the mom excuse making, you're going to do great. You got this figured out!

Looking back at my journal in the early days of BFL I too was either jazzed to the max or falling asleep with my clothes on! The body is going through a lot to begin with! Everyone on my forum was the same as well, so it seems to me thats just the way it goes :)

I'll give you my lower body work out for week 3:

QUADS:

Leg press 12 reps@ 130lbs

LP 10 reps @130lbs

LP 8 reps @ 140lbs

LP 6 reps @ 160(this was really tough at this point)

LP 12 reps @ 140

Leg extension 12 reps @ 100lbs

Hamstrings:

Dumbell lunge 12 reps @ 5lbs

DB lunge 10 reps @ 8 lbs

DB lunge 8 reps @ 10

DB lunge 6 reps @ 12.5

DB lunge 12 reps @ 8

Lying leg curl 12 reps@ 60lbs( I remember shaking and grunting at this point..oh yeah and turning beet red)

Calves:

Standing raise 12 reps @ 30 lbs

SR 10 reps @ 30lbs

SR 8 reps @ 35

SR 6 reps @ 40lbs

SR 12 reps @ 35

seated calf raise 12@ 35lbs

ABS:

Bicycle for all reps then finished the last 12 reps with saxton side bends( I think thats what you call them )

• @Mom0four hope the work out helps you..by bicycle I ment the crunches...oh right and for warm up before legs I would do 5 or so min on the bike or treadmill to warm up all those big muscles, and make would just do some stretches afterward. Post work out on that day I had a protein shake apx 45 min post workout.

My journey at this point lol (this is fun going back through my journal!) I have written in a little box keep working thru your lunges you can do it don't quit April...Feel great about finishing workout...Need to keep up food prep, feeling proud. I don't have written down how much weight I had lost at this point but only a week and a half later @ week 4 I had lost 9.5 lbs and 9 inches everywhere. I know you will see on the forum the 8 week miracle on weight loss...it is around that time if you end up on a plateau that your body cracks and gives you some mega good numbers! Just ride those good feelings you are getting, and the clothes feeling looser. The lbs will come off too.

Have a great day, enjoy your workout , your meals, your family, and the new life you have chosen! Hope this all helps you through your day/ journey! Keep me posted :) I am a success junkie!!!! Tee Hee.

Hugs April(aka finition...which in french simply means FINISH!!!!!)

• Love it April, thank you so much!  This is all so helpful and I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me (and anyone else who is reading).  I will keep you posted and will probably have more questions as I go :)  

Have a great day too and thanks again!

• Oh as far as maintenance goes I am 138lbs....Having a great summer keeping active, haven't been to the gym in weeks, but am outdoors hiking, running, gardening, camping, I dance x3 times a week with a Bollywood group. I colored my hair dark....just for even more change lol!  

• You look great! Great Job!

"Everybody falls down, it's all about how fast you get back up. So Get Up!" 

• Great job

I went out walking through the city center, it happened just the other day. Sometimes Sydney Harbor in the winter, blows a little luck my way.

• getting ready to start my second challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nov 6 start date set!

• OMG it looks like mother and daughter photoes! Amazing.....

• lol!