I'm just exhausted! What should I do?

• Hi!

Lately I've been feeling truly tire. Physically tired. Very tired. Tomorrow I will not go to work. I asked for a vacation day, yes, I'm that tired!.

What to do? I still have a week and a half to go! And tomorrow is lower body but won't be doing it because the gym is close to work and won't be going to work. I am discourage! I've made very good progress but I'm far from a flat tummy. I'm also worried of injuring myself...

Please advise!

Live life with passion!

• MyDecade, I have read lots of your posts and I know you are a couple weeks ahead of me in the challenge.  Two things that I would ask you is are you eating enough carbs?  I know its easy to cut back on those, but they give you the energy to keep going through this program.  And along with the carbs is calories as a whole, getting enough?  The second question is, are you taking your free day and resting to give your body chance for recovery?  Along with that are you doing extra cardio, so many people on these boards do, and you may be running your self down.  Third, of course could you be sick at all?  I am sure you have thought of all these things and truly hope that your day off from work gives you the rest you need.  Don't worry about your tummy, that will respond in time.  Hang in there and give yourself the okay to rest.  I was sick for a week with a nasty cold, and kept eating clean but didn't exercise for a week, but it all worked out. I know it will for you too.  

• Hi Firesong!

In response to your questions:

1) I think I'm eating enough carbs and calories... How ever I might not.

2) Yes, I'm taking my free day

3) I'm not doing extra cardio. I just don't know how people can do extra anything with BFL!

4) No I'm not sick jut a bit of pain on my left knee and hip ;-(

I think I've been pushing myself a lot and that plus my daughter being sick a couple of weeks ago (not enough sleep)... I am also experiencing pain in my left knee and hip. Not too bad but not pleasant.

I think I'm going to give myself a break for the rest of the week because I'm afraid of really injuring myself. Then I'll pick up next week hopefully with more energy and less pain. What do you think?

I'm not going to work today. I'm staying home in recovery mode. I'll call my trainer and let him know no more workouts for the rest of the week...

I feel I really need to listen to my exhausted body! Otherwise I might get into big trouble...

But I will finish even if I have to take this break or another. I'll finish. I will keep eating clean...

Please let me know what you think.

Live life with passion!

• A JOKE:

Quote from Pirates of the Caribbean...

"Hang the code, and hang the rules. They're more like guidelines anyway." - Elizabeth in Pirates of the Caribbean - Week +11 (resting)

Just a joke... And yes, there is no way I can workout this week.

Live life with passion!

• Sleep and water.  Those 2 things for ME are what affects  my energy the following day the most.  You've already said you were short on sleep recently, that will for sure make you feel worn out.  I think I would think twice about no exercising.   Maybe try to find something that just may avoid those areas?  Maybe work upper body some to still get some exercise?   That part I cant help you with :)

• Hi!

I am at home trying to recover... But I've decided not to exercise until Sunday, at least. I need the break or I'm going to break! hehehe.

Actually if this is Body for LIFE it must be able to be flexible enough to take the ups and downs of life. I am in a small down right now. Don't get me wrong: I'm not giving up on a flat stomach! No, no, no...

But if I keep exercising first I'm not going to reach my tens (yesterday I could not finish my HIIT, did only 10 minutes and not very good), second I risk true injury, third I will not be able to perform at home or at work.

I will have my flat stomach but I can not ignore my body's signals right now. It wouldn't be wise. I am bound for a second challenge after this one. This is just a sight seeing detour in the road to a flat stomach!

Love ya!

Live life with passion!

• It turns out I've been reading and I might be dehydrated. I wake up at night (sometimes twice) very thirsty and they say dehydration might lead to exhaustion. I'll have to make sure I get more water, a lot more.

Also it seems that I might eat more after the workout. This might also help.

Live life with passion!

• You could also try a Sugar Free Gatorade!  Bleh, but worth the hydration.  Get those electrolytes in!  

If it was easy, everyone would do it.  It's the hard that makes it great.

• MyDecade without sounding rude but listen to your body ..... If your tired then Take the day off the gym ... remember we must let our body heal .... If your tired it's be course your body need a rest  remember in the book bill says if you miss a day then move on to your next workout day and plan for that ..... if you miss a day then you miss a day nobody cares but i will say your body will love you for it :)

I trained 2 people over the last year and i also learned a a lot from it .... one of the males was always ready and at the gym everyday ... the other well he turned up when he felt like it but worked very hard on that day .... i asked him how come you only come to the gym 2 or 3 days a week .. he told me if my body was tired or sore he would wait till it felt better .... over the year he put on a lot more muscle mass and lost more body fat then the guy who turned up everyday be course he listen to his body and make sure it was ready to work before he work out hard and i must say he worked hard on the days he come to the gym be course his body was healed and ready to push the limits  

• Ebay, sugar free gatorade? That sounds horrible! ;-)

Nickvasa, yes. I agree with you 100%. I'm out of the gym until Monday and today I stayed home altogether... I need more than a day to recover because I've been exhausted for a while now. I will proceed with the program once I'm fine and then get a flat tummy!!!!

Live life with passion!

• Very Very interesting:

www.associatedcontent.com/.../study_why_and_how_quickly_exhaustion.html

Live life with passion!

• Mydecade,  the dehydration does make a lot of sense.  And I think listening to your body is very wise.  At the beginning of my 6th week I got a nasty cold, I mean real nasty, it knocked me totally off my feet.  I at first felt guilty because I could not work out even though I wanted to.  As it turns out I was down for a week, with staying in bed.  A whole week without going into the gym, but I decided that it couldn't be helped. I would still eat clean, and pick up when my body was ready.  After all I am doing this to be healthy and in shape, gym work is only part of it, health is the real important part.  And you know, getting back to the gym I had not really lost anything.  I took the first few workouts at where I left off with a few adjustments and tomorrow will increase again, and its only thursday and I started back sunday.  So I let my body heal and recover and oh yeah, still lost 3 pounds because of eating clean.  

Don't guilt about it, eat clean and rest.  Your body will know when its ready.  And drink lots and lots.  

• Hi Firesong!

Yes, I will make it a point to drink a full gallon of water daily.

About guilt. No. I don't feel guilty. My body needs the rest. And if I want to be fit for life it has to be just that: For Life. Life is messy. It is ever changing. We need to accomadate those changes without losing sight of our goals. I'm glad you rested when you were sick. It was the right thing to do.  As for me... I will get the flat tummy! No doudt about it... It is just going to take a few more days... That's all.

Live life with passion!

• MyDecade, it sounds like you are making a good decision. I have been wiped out this week too and think it could also be a combo of the seasons changing (human bodies tend to want to go into "rest" mode during the fall and spring) as well as Daylight Savings Time starting on Sunday. Today I tried to get up early to get in my cardio before work and just couldn't make it happen... 5 a.m. feels like 4 a.m. and my body was like "Not a chance!"

A gallon of water a day is about what I drink and it definitely works against general fatigue. I live in Colorado where the high elevation causes dehydration very quickly. I always wake up in the middle of the night thirsty and usually drink 2-3 cups around 2 a.m. as a result... then wake up at 3:30 about to wet the bed!

It sounds like you have a great plan. Keep us posted on how you are feeling later in the week!

• Hi Sea Horse!

You live in the mountains but you are a sea horse! I like it!

Yes the increased in daylight, the time change, all of it can affect you.

My body was saying NOT A CHANCE since Monday! Wow! Never thought I could feel this tire.

I'm thinking I might tell the trainer to bring it down a notch. Just a notch. I don't want to keep going into fatigue mode... i hope that by Sunday I'm fine and can get my HIIT on that day.

What week are you on?

Live life with passion!