the flu

• Soooo,.....just starting week 4, and I got hit w/ the flu and a sinus infection.  Needless to say the only thing I've been doing for the past 3 days is laying in bed sleeping.  So no exercise here, and the only things I've eaten is a few crackers here and there, and juice. I'm going to try and walk on the treadmill today today, b/c I am starting to feel better, and then I thought I could make up the weight lifting on Friday. But my question is, when you get so sick like this in a challenge, does your metabolism slow down from not eating? Am I going to temporarly gain weight back when I resume my meals and workouts? Because, I was already feeling not so great in that department to begin with. Do I start over?

• No, don't start over. This is Body-for-LIFE and unfortunately sickness is part of life. Don't worry about the missed workouts, just pick up where you should be when you are feeling better. As to the metabolism question, I don't know the answer and simply recommend that you stay off the scale unless it's one of your regularly scheduled weigh-ins, such as the end of week 4, 8 or 12.

Feel better soon.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.