Laurie Deemer, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

• Laurie what you wrote was beautiful.  Congratulations again to a very deserving Champion.  The pictures are wonderful.  I feel privileged to call you friend Lady Georgia.

• Lady Georgia:

Congratulations once again for being the Champion and role model for Body for Life 2010 !!!

I am so proud and honored to call you friend. You compliment my life in such a manner that I am a much happier and confident person. I am still amazed how we ALL made it to Nashville and hit it off like family. I think of you daily - and am so blessed because of you.

I picked up my mail yesterday. YESTERDAY. The day after the big announcement. ** clapping again here** In amongst the bills and flyers was a simple card from YOU. A card to say you were thinking of me. My eyes broke and started to leak almost instantly. Without a doubt you are somewhat of an angel in my life, my head, my future. Thank you for being you and for all that you bring to this community. I am crazy excited to see you in March to run with you for Cystic Fibrosis and Torianna too. :) Neck hugs to you. xxoo

• Lauri,

I am so excited for your half marathon! Yes, I have ran 3 halfs and 1 full! It is addictive. The only advice I have is to start slow to avoid injury, don't over train (just like the BFL principles), don't increase your mileage by more than 10% each week (the golden rule of running), and most importantly, HAVE FUN! If you don't already have a training program, you can find one online such as the following p://www.marathonrookie.com/half-marathon-training.html

Good luck and don't forget to let the BFL community hear all about it afterwards! =)

Take care,

Sarah

P.S. It was great to hear that you stuck to the BFL plan exactly. Some of the past champs restricted carbs/calories and increased cardio, so it is nice to see a winner who actually followed the program and got such amazing results. You are definitely proof that it works!

• Laurie,

Fantastic job!...thanks for all your words of encouragement throughout these pages. I get to take what I need to hear and apply them to my challenge. I'm now into my 12th week and these results couldn't have come at a better time to get me pumped. Your transformation and advice to others is exactly what this program is about.

...oh, and by the way if you need help with the photos I can get it done for you...let me know.

Randy

• Stephanie - Thank you, dear friend.  Looks like we'll be starting a challenge together on Monday.  What challenge is this for you?  C4 for me.

Legs - No more leaky eyes, silly canadian goose!!!  I'm glad you liked the card and I'm so happy that you got it yesterday.  I was thinking it would be another 2 weeks before you got it.  You are an angel in my life and you'll be using your wings to visit me in Atlanta very soon.  How wonderful that we get to face the future together.  Cyber Neck Hugs to you, Friend.

Sarah (MarathonMama) - Thanks for all the great advice.  It'll be interesting.  My goal is to cross that finish line; I can no longer fret about my time (even if I hadn't gotten injured, my time wouldn't have broken any records... I waddle sometimes).  //  Yep... by the book, in my basement, with a friend, no personal trainer.   I'll never forget those first 84 days!!

RToons - Thank you so much.  Week 12 - Way to go!!!  Is this your first challenge???  If so, I can't wait to hear how you feel after your very last workout.  It was very emotional for me.  Indescribable really.  //  Thanks for the willingness to fix my pictures.  My friend, Liesl, is supposed to be working on it, but if something prevents her from doing it, I'll let you know.

Laurie, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

Never underestimate your power to change.

• Awesome job Laurie!  So proud of you!

Matthew McClelland

2010 Grand Master Champion

• Thanks, Champ!!!  Back at ya!

• Laurie,

The fact that you accomplished so much in your own home is what is inspiring! Nothing against the gym or personal trainers (after all I use to be a fitness instructor and when my kids start school would like to get into personal training again). But it just goes to show that people can be fit and healthy without all the fancy equipment and expensive trainers.  You proved success isn't based on all that external stuff. It's about personal commitment and perseverance! The magic isn't in the gym or the trainer...it's in the individual! You also eliminated the majority of excuses out there for being out of shape. ;-) When I tell people about BFL success stories I usually get the answer, "Well I don't have the time, money, etc for the gym or a trainer." Now I can respond with you as an example of how they don't need any of that!  

• Champ!

Matthew McClelland

2010 Grand Master Champion

• Thanks, MarathonMama!  It makes my heart happy that my simple story might actually inspire others and you are using me as an example.  This is a very emotional moment for me (I was actually doing pretty good today.... this is the first I've cried all day).  

I belong to a gym but haven't been there in about 3 years, except to have my bodyfat checked.  I used to enjoy going to the gym, being surrounded by like-minded people, getting inspiration from the fit and un-fit alike.  But ya know what?  I'm surrounded by like-minded people right here!!!  And one of the things I discovered during my challenges is that my greatest inspiration comes from within.  It's amazing to find out you can do things you never even dreamed of.

• Congratulations Laurie, you did fantastic....what an inspiration :-)

Estelle

• Fushiagirl - I appreciate that so much.  All the best on your BFL quest.

• Randy -

Great job, your 6 week pictures show a ton of progress!  Can I ask what program you are using to resize and post them?  I am just using the box in the corner of the pasted photo to shrink my pix on my profile, but it does not shrink them proportionally like most programs do.  Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Tina  

• @ MN Mom....I sent you a friend request...that way I can message you without hijacking this thread.

Randy

• Thanks, just sent reply, couldn't do from my phone when out of town!

Tina