Laurie Deemer, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

• To my dear fellow BFL’ers around the world,

Hi!  I’m Laurie.  So I’ve had exactly 24 hours to digest the fact that I have been named Body-for-Life Champion in my age group (the oldies, but goodies group).  This is amazing to me.  What an honor!  It’s so strange to see my photos among the other Champions’ incredible transformations.  I am so proud to be among them and take my hat off to all the other winners.  Well done, Champs!

No doubt there were many, many challengers who submitted packets and were also deserving.  I don’t envy EAS/Body for Life the task of having to pick the winners.  I can’t thank them enough for recognizing my efforts.

For those of you who are doing challenges now… Rock on, Warriors!  Keep honoring those self-promises and reaching for those goals.  Hit those “10’s”, eat clean, drink your water… and you, too, will be a champion.  I know this to be true because I was a champion long before I got that phone call.  (BTW – That phone call was from my personal  BFL champion, Debbie “Mo”… sorry EAS, better late than never!).

For those of you just visiting the website, perhaps contemplating a challenge, I urge you to do it.  Go get the book at the library/bookstore – read it from cover to cover.  Let it sink in, do some soul-searching, believe in yourself, and just do it.  It’s a very simple concept really… it’s the execution of it that’s hard.  If it was easy, everyone would do it.  What do you have to lose?  Well, let’s see – pounds, body fat, self-loathing, bad habits, poor health, you get the idea.  You have everything to gain from this program!

What did I gain?  The list is long…. I’ll just hit the high points.  I gained lifelong friends all over the world who cheer for my every victory and pick me up off the ground when I fall.  Oh yes, champions fall sometimes.  I learned that life isn’t about being perfect all the time; it’s what you do after an imperfection that matters most.  I gained confidence, discipline and dignity, self-esteem and self-control.  I found an inner strength that I never knew I had.  I gained courage.  Oh yeah… almost forgot… somewhere along the way I gained a pretty hot 48-year old body, too (now that took real courage to write).

I would be honored to help any of you on your journey.  I’m not an expert in diet and exercise; I just did it all by the book.  But I am a good friend and listener.  I would love to cheer you on and be there at the finish line on Day 84.

With much humility and gratitude for my BFL family,

Laurie Deemer,  2010 Body For Life Champion 46+

p.s.  I had a hard time getting the sizing right on these pics (not the most technical person around), but you get the idea.  The yellow suit was my "after" photos of C2.

Laurie, 2010 Body-for-Life Champion 46+

Never underestimate your power to change.

• You are a true Champion.  I'm so proud of you Laurie and know EAS made the right decision in honoring you with this title.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Thanks, Jess!  Something went wrong with the pictures.  Greg is trying to fix them right now. I am so technologically challenged with this stuff!  

• Laurie,

You look so very good, I am so glad all your hard work paid off!  It has to be so tough for EAS to pick just a few Champions, I don't envy them that task!

I'm 43, and just starting week 5 of my challenge, I am loving these message boards for the inspiration provided by people like yourself!  I tried BFL before and did not even make the half-way point.  Something has changed, and this time is different, it's not about perfection, it's about forward progress.  I just returned from having my body fat retested, and dropped from 29.1% to 25% in my first 4 weeks, feeling pretty close to giddy right now!

Anyways - keep on posting, and Congrats again!

Tina

• And you said you couldn't write?   That was some great writing!  Congrats again!!!!!!

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins....not through strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson Brown

"We conquer - not in brilliant fashion - we conquer by continuing." - George Mattheson

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier

• Oops, forgot to write (I'm so blonde sometimes!) - WONDERFUL pictures - What an amazing transformation.  Nothing wrong with being a 'hot' 48 year-old.  And you look so happy and young.  Fantastic!

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins....not through strength but by perseverance." - H. Jackson Brown

"We conquer - not in brilliant fashion - we conquer by continuing." - George Mattheson

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier

• Congratulations Laurie! What an amazing accomplishment! Did you follow the program exactly as laid out in the book?

• CHAMPION EFFORT FOR OUR SWEET GEORGIA WHO IS ALSO A CHAMPION OF A LADY!

Soak it all up sweet Laurie, you so deserve it and we love you to pieces!

MWAH! MWAH! MWAH!

Ps/ Marathon Mama - I can assure you our Laurie did it 100% by the book - the original book and was very strict on "Free day", only indulging in a little wine!  Did you know she and a handful more of our wonderful friends that met in Tennessee last october are entering a 1/2 Marathon in Georgia in March! Just thought I would mention it because of your name - maybe you can give Laurie some tips - she'd love it! Cheers!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

• Oh you nut you - you didnt' send me your details or I would have done it for ya.

YOU ARE SO AWESOME AND SO WORTHY MY FRIEND! I am so so so very happy for you. I hope you slept last night LOL.

LOVE YOU

KEEP ON KEEPING ON - LIESL

• Congratulations! You will be the guiding light for many BFLers. You have traveled the journey, achieved success and now will represent EAS with your head held high, and filled with exuberance. I wish you success on this new chapter.

Warm Regards,

Lori

• Laurie!!! You are so absolutely amazing! That was very well written, that's it, I'm starting another challenge!!!! You continue to inspire me to push beyond my own limits, thank you for being so awesome!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• Congratulations again Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE what you wrote up there ^^.......and I love where you wrote  " I gained lifelong friends all over the world who cheer for my every victory and pick me up off the ground when I fall."  Isn't that the truth!  

Your pics are fantastic!  I am so excited for you and I look forward to getting to know you better!

Susan

Susan Berna

2010 Body-for-LIFE Grand Master Champion

• Georgia-

You are simply AMAZING!! In all the things you do and I am SOOOO Blessed to call you friend and so happy I got to deliver the news to you! That went down in my Gratitude journal by the way.

I look forward to seeing your smiling face all over the place helping and inspiring people to make life long changes. You ARE an inspiration so BELIEVE it, sister!!

Love and Hugs,

MO =) (Mabel, MegaWoman, Freak, etc...) =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• MN Mom - Are you from Minnesota?  (I was born and raised there; moved to GA in 1991).  Week 5 for you... that is awesome!!  Dropping from 29% to 25% BF in 4 weeks is FABULOUS!!!   You SHOULD be giddy about that.... I'm giddy about it, too!!!  Woop Woop!!  Where do you normally post?  I'd like to follow your transformation.  I am on the Coffee Crew if you'd like to join me there.  Keep up the great work!!

Bonwitty - Thanks, Cutie!  I re-wrote it several times before putting it up.  Writing is just not my forte.  //  Thanks for telling me that I look young!  I feel much younger than 48.

MarathonMama - Thank you so much.  Yes... I did both challenges exactly BY THE BOOK.  I ate only authorized foods from the book (not the website, which is a little more lenient).  I bought the BFL Journal to keep track of my workouts, journal my food and water.  Debs mentioned that even on free day, I didn't indulge (except for some wine) - that was my first challenge.  In my second challenge, I did take free days. // Debs also mentioned my half marathon looming large!!  I'm not a runner... never ran a day in my life til last July.  It is VERY hard but I am so determined to do it.  My training hasn't gone as planned thanks to some minor ankle and back injuries, so I won't be able to run the whole thing.  Do you have any pointers?  It's March 20th so I don't have much time.  Oh.... FOUR of my BFL "Sisters from another mother" will be coming to Atlanta to do it with me!  Isn't that the GREATEST??

Aussie Debs - Thanks for being one of those cheerleaders that I mentioned.  You're always there for me, thru thick and thin.  I couldn't have done any of this without you.  I loved seeing my name on that ROLL CALL every week!!!

Liesl - Thanks, Champ!  (For those who don't know Liesl, she won the BFLSpirit challenge a year ago... we were doing it together... so awesome!).  I did send you the details (in an e-mail).  I'll send them again because I would like for you to do it (we botched it up).  If you can put the pics in my profile and also maybe fix the ones on this thread.

(Gonna post this before I lose it and keep writing below).

• Lori - What a beautiful choice of words to describe this experience.... "guiding light".  Thank you so much for that and for being such a wonderful role model yourself on this site.  Your transformation was breathtaking.

Tisha - We push each other, remember?  I need YOU just as much as you need me.  You just don't know how excited I am to see you in March.  Love you!

Susan - Thank you very much and congratulations to you again, too.  You'll notice that I put my "friends" as the very first (and most important) thing that I gained.  I look forward to getting to know you, too and hope we meet soon.

Debbie - MMMMo - I'm convinced that THAT call happened like that for a reason.   Have you regained hearing in the ear I screamed in???  I freaked my cats out while I was squealing around the house, running down the stairs to the computer.   Aww - that fills my heart with joy that you put that moment in your gratitude journal.... but I'm the one who is so grateful.  Grateful to call you my friend, my sister, my inspiration, my coach, my cheerleader.  I love you.