Trying to get a handle on eggs.

• How do I portion them correctly?

Right now I do 1 Full + 3 Whites + a touch of milk and a splash of cheese and toss it on a whole wheat English muffin Only it seems like way to much for 1 portion yet I look at the reciepies on this site and I get the feeling I am way under.

Im not stressing and heading into the last weeks of this cycle.   I am currently having amazing results dropping an average of 2.5 pounds a week.  Yes I know the scale is not a great measure, but the hole punch I had to buy to expand the life of my belts because my belts are no longer just a fashion accessory and are now  needed to combat gravity certainly is a great measure.  I am stronger now then I had imagined and have doubled the intensity of my cardio and pretty much doubled all my weights with the exception of my lower body which has had increases but much less dramatic.  I have surpassed all of the goals I set out for this cycle even thought at the time I set them I felt some of them were going to give me something to get close to an work forward too on my next cycle..     

All that said I want to get one of my favorate foods corrrect.

So if I use the following from this site either the burrito is 2 meals or I am way under Ingredients

Breakfast Burrito

By BFL Team

• 4 turkey sausages
    • 4 eggs
    • Salt and pepper, to taste
    • 2 whole-wheat tortillas
    • 2 tablespoons salsa
    • 2 tablespoons low-fat shredded cheddar cheese

• The breakfast burrito is for two servings.

Are you male or female?  If you are female the 1 egg & 3 whites is a perfect portion size.  If your whole wheat muffin is 20g carbs, you have a perfectly rounded meal.  If you are male, you need to up the portions a bit.  Sorry I just skimmed the post, but didn't see anything to specify your gender.

I am glad you are having success with the program.  Trust me, there are many things to work toward next time.....

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• DBMon,

I'm male and you are right I didn't state it.  Im glad that is a 2 person portion.

I know that there are many things to work towards.  I can always modify some of the ones I have, but smashing what I though were and still are realistic goals is a whole different kind of motivation.  Long story short one of my goals was to be able to carry both my kids all the way from the basement to the 2nd floor without having to stop which I can do now unless of course my body is paying me back for a great workout.

I have made alot of changes in my life over the last year.  I quit smoking made an active decision to surround myself with positive people and have a positive impact on those around me.  

Wow I really went of topic.  Sorry about that I am just in chirpy mood I guess.    

• No, don't worry about it; those are the types of things I love to hear.  The program is so much more than losing weight and getting back into a certain pair of pants, it goes way beyond that, as you just mentioned.  So happy for you.  I don't know your stats, but most men shoot for 30g protein & 30g carb per meal (some a little more based on starting weight).  Right now, your breakfast looks a little light.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• FlipFlop,

Just thought I would weigh in here. I agree with BDMom here. I am a firm proponent of the palm/fist method howeer there are certain foods that you cant meaure that way, like egg whites. As a guideline I, as a male shoot for 30g carbs and 30 grams of protein for weight loss (I eat more now becasue I have leaned out and now want more muscle) The egg whites I use have 7g of protein per 1/4c so I measure 1c of egg whites into the frying pan and then roll it up in a Whole Wheat tortilla (27g carbs) makes a perfect meal. I often have this as meal #5 around 6pm with a tbsp of organic salsa.

Congratulations on quitting smoking!! No easy thing!

All the best with your challenge.

Orrin

• Cool.  I will start adding a little turkey bacon.  And see where that takes me.

The Carbs I can live with I often have some fresh berries.

In 2 and 1/2 weeks I will be taking active rest for 2 weeks at which time I have to re-evaluate my weight training to add more of a mix to the muscle groups.  I also think I need to re-evaluate my diet as I think I might need to bulk it up a little bit.