Beginning of week 3...some thoughts

• Well today is day 15. I started the week of Christmas and found the holidays to be tough to work around. For my first two weeks, I did 5 days of by the book eating and training and struggled on the days around the holidays. However, I made a conscious effort to keep my portions reasonable and caloric intake down. Being a little disappointed with my start, I decided to check my weight this morning and the scale at the gym and it said I have lost 5 lbs! This was not the same scale that I used to do my "before" weight and I know that the scale is not the best measurement  but it was nice to see the scale read 5 lbs lighter. This motivated me and I had a great UBWO this morning.

On another note, for people just starting, the eating is becoming 2nd nature to me. You will figure out recipes that work for you and find foods that you like and work for you. The training also gets easier. I have seen gains in the distances I run or ride a bike each time I've done aerobics and I am getting very comfortable in the gym. I am now trying to concentrate on my form in the gym and have the routine down to a science.

"progress not perfection"

Good luck to all!

Jimmy

• Jimmy,

Thanks for the inspirational post! Keep up the good work!!!

• Congrats Jimmy!

And good job on making healthy eating second habit! You find, at least for me, it gets easier and easier.

• @Jimmy  You were brave to start your transformation during the holidays.  My humble opinion, shows you have determination.  The fact eating and the gym is becoming second nature show you will succeed!  Keep up the good work.

• Nice job Jimmy!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

• Great work...The rewards are many. Keep it up!

Randy