THE MATH WORKS !!!!!

• Ok, I finished up C1 and did some calculations based on the formula - 1 lb of fat = 3500 calories.    I lost 30 lbs over the 12 weeks (down from 219 to 189).   Here's the math:

total exercise days = 72 (6 days/week x 12 weeks)

total lbs. lost = 30

total average lbs/ lost per exercise day = .416

Average daily calorie intake = 1500

Average daily calories burned = 2800

Average daily calorie deficit = 1300

Average lbs. burned daily = 1300/3500 =  .37

Estimated Total lbs. burned = 72 days x .37 =  27 lbs.

As you can see, the math estimates that I should have lost 27 lbs, and I actually lost 30 lbs.   I can see the results on weekly basis (about 2.5 lbs. week) and on a daily basis (almost 1/2 lb per day).  The analysis excludes the free day which assumes neutral weight gain/loss.   

Do the math...it works !!  Calorie counting really works.....

• Congratulations !!! Keep going, well done.

• I don't know if I'm into calorie counting, but found this post interesting.  The reality is that calories ultimately do count, even if you don't count them so that point was made.  Thanks

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I agree here with Jessica.

I do not have a lot to lose so I am not sure this would work for me. I only have about 10lbs of scale weight, and I am simultaneously building muscle, and I am not new to this so... I WISH it was that straight forward for me. I would have lost like 18lbs over the 84 days, but that is not a realistic number for me.

VERY interesting though!! And KUDOS to you!! You did AMAZING!!

• Yes it does, the 1st Law of Thermodynamics (Law of Conservation of Energy) guarantees us it will.  Realize that what you've measured is a net weight change, comprised of fat lost, muscle gained, and water lost.  It is generally more accurate to do the balance from body composition measurements done before and then again after your challenge.  But, your calculation agrees within 10%, adding further confirmation that I hope others at the site will heed!

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• This is my math equation:

Good Night's rest + lots of water + clean healthy food + getting in all of your workouts + a good positive mindset/attitude = a happy, healthy body, mind & soul.

However, I do find Highplains post very interesting!!!

Best wishes in the upcoming year!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• That reply made me chuckle.  :-)

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Hilarious.....I'm not interested in a happy mind or soul...I'll look elsewhere for that.   This site is labeled "Body for Life", right ?

• Very true..but you can't get that body for life if your mind in not in the right place... ;)

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• you would have to define, "right place"

you could workout and eat with 100% compliance and get your body for life without being truly happy

with yourself.

I found an article catching up with the original 10 bfl champs, and some of them did not portray happiness lol

• Well, I disagree. I feel yes you will lose weight and you may get the body you desire, but if you do not deal with the underlying reasons of what got you into the state in the first place you will never be able to keep it off.

The transformation has to be on the inside as well as the outside. If one is doing this just for the competition... that is a different story. But it is "body for life" right?

• yup. what you are talking about is a transformation. What I was talking about was that you could change your body and not your heart. Sadly enough it does happen.

• totally agree there!

• I agree with the above post so much, yes you can lose weight but you'll never keep it off if you don't deal with the reason/s why you got there in the first place and that has absolutely helped me this time, so many "diets" before finding BFL, it was all about the losing weight, this time I know why I ate, I talked about it and hit it head on...right, I know why I ate badly.....it was actually such a relief and it has made a huge difference with losing weight this time, I definitely had a light bulb moment.

If someone is just doing this for a competition and not worrying about whether they'll keep the weight off it's different but if this is going to be "for life" you have to acknowledge the reasons why you eat in the first place.

It's a tough thing to do but has to be done then it's a relief:)