Wait to eat after exercise

• iilaad:  You actually burn after both.  If you are doing HIIT cardio, you can burn fat for up to 20 hours after completing your exercise.  Doing weights will help you build muscle, which helps you burn more fat overall.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• yes sorry.. it's just that you burn longer after ST. I wasn't clear sorry.. am at work and made it too short! lol

Whether it's 30 or 60... just see what works best for you physically (on the scale or muscle tone)..

• No worries.....iilaad.  Hope your day is going well.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Alright.  I obviously struck a cord here.  For the record, I have decided to wait an hour after cardio workouts and will be having breakfast 30 minutes after weight training.  I think this is a fine-tuning point and not as significant as hitting highs every day and eating right.

• no chord to strike. Just the fact that people are recommending rules that have no added benefit on fat loss. If they understood the role of insulin, especially after a workout, they would have noted that eating sooner rather than later would be more beneficial. Not the other way around.

Actually I challenge you Rob. For one week wait an hour. Document your fat loss. For your second week, eat as soon as you can follow your workout. Document your fat loss. Then compare. Be strict on your nutrition so that the playing field is leveled. Then you will have your answer.

• Rob:  I think you are on the right track.  Fat loss is going to happen at different times throughout your challenge, and it would be difficult to really compare.  I did exactly how you are planning (1 hour after cardio & immediately to 30 minutes after weights), and did fine.  I lost 12#'s, 2% body fat, and 6.5".  I set out to lose about 6#'s and lost twice that amount.  I would like to recommend that your "breakfast" be in liquid  form such as a shake, so it goes directly into your body and to your muscles.  Whole food takes a while to break down in your system.  I know it is difficult when you ask for advice, and get 20 different answers to one question.  When that happened to me, I would just refer back to the book and go from there.

Have a great day, and best of luck to you with your challenge.

• whole food is always better than liquid food, even post workout. And for those who need some quick spike simple sugar carbs that are in mrp shakes, honey on your oats and milk do the trick just as well.

• hey Charlie,

I really appreciate your posts. I am looking forward to starting BFL on monday 06/12.

I know, it`s not the best timing to do it, but IT really motivates me more than ever.

Well, your results are amazing... I know all you said it`s true, it might work as well if you eat 1hour later or right away your work out. I am not a specialits about this topic, but, have you ever thought that if you have waited 1 hour, you could have had even better results?

and actually as a BFL follower, I would preffer to do what an SIX PACKED and "professional" says and DO rather than you did.

please don`t take it as an offense but as you say it sounds like, do whathever you want and you will get the same results...

I may be wrong, but if you get a six pack like Bil has, then I will post again supporting your point of view.

tks

• Aoki - Ah the naive.  You state that when I get a 6 pack like Bill Phillips then you will support my point of view.

Well first of all, I don't need support on my point of view. I have done more in 18 months than millions have combined. And I mean that.

Second, I met Bill Phillips in his newest campaign with his new web site about transformation, this time its about spiritual stuff. Well guess what, Bill is not shredded like he is pictured in BFL and the success journal. He was actually overweight, a big let down to myself a long time supporter of BFL.

Thirdly, Bill does not hide this so I do not see this as bashing. Phillips not only used steroids, but advised others on how to do so by publishing an anabolic guide.

Bottom line is you can say whatever you want about me. You can say that I have no clue as to what I am talking about. I however have lived it, I do speak the truth, I am not here to sell anything because I want everyone to have the body of their dreams without anything or anyone shady in it for their own benefit.

I do find it odd that someone who claims to be starting BFL is trying to put me in my place and claims they will honor me by supporting my view once I have a 6 pack.

1 person has and is still walking the talk.

1 person is just talking.

• how bout everyone google jeff willet. He is an ifbb pro who trains with weights and cardio according to the same high intensity principles that bfl teaches. Not only does he eat directly after cardio and weight training, but he also eats before.  I urge everyone to check him out and also Stewart MacDonald, a guy he trained for 6 months to get on stage for a competition.

So not only did he get down to 4% bf by eating after, he also ate before! Why because your nutrition should support your training.

• stuart macdonald*

• Charlie.  Your actions (and pics) speak louder than words.  Well done, I'm inspired.  People will benefit from that more than the debate of whether to wait to eat an hour after exercise or not.  

• A lot of us do not work out the way Jeff & Stewart do, so don't need to eat before & after a workout.  I actually mix a protein shake and drink 1/2 before and 1/2 after, but haven't always done that.  

I think what we are all forgetting is that this forum is here to support and encourage one another, and I'm not getting those warm fuzzy feelings here.  It's o.k. to have an opinion, but as I have always taught my children...."if you don't have anything nice to day, don't say anything at all."

• Yes, I do not want to be unsupportive. I just wanted to point out that the minor detail which is being debated here is not going to accelerate fat loss just like eating before and immediately after a workout is not going to hinder fat loss.

• hey Charlie,

I am sorry about what I said!

actually I owe you more than that. I owe you an apollgy and I am really thankful because of this little missunderstanding between us, I`ve learnt that I can really eat, before or after my workout, it doesn`t matter.

as I said before, the way you said wasn`t that clear as it is now!. you have posted pictures where I coldn`t see very well about your fat%.

again, I am sorry about everything I `ve said before. and I hope you keep answering this blog as well as you`ve been done since all.

and of course I didn`t want to make it fell odd to you, but it wasn`t that clear for me.

best wishes for you  and sorry about this missundertanding.

thanks