Best ways to make up for a slip?

• So last weekend I really fell off the wagon and during a 3 day camping trip ate a TON of unauthorized foods.  I've been back on track this week (and definitely learned how terrible those foods make me feel!) but am kind of in shock at how far I feel like it's backtracked me.  I'm ending week 6 and I feel like my clothes are back at day 1 tightness! :(

I've upped my water intake and am eating by the book but wondering if there are any other tips out there to combat this.   I'm not going to try and cut calories or anything as I feel that would derail me again at some point.  Anyone have tips on how to get this junk out of my system and stop feeling so bloated?

• The best way to "make up" for a slip up is to just move forward.  It happened.  It's done and now it's over.  Just do what you know you need to do for you and do better next time. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Yeah, that's what I'm doing.  Maybe I should add "work on patience" to that list of to dos. :)

• It's simple advice, but I think Jessica is right - getting back on programme, regular healthy meals and regular exercise will get that metabolism high, and get that stuff out of your system.

• Patience is hard to come by sometimes : ) Hey, life happens and we all slip up now and then. Jessica is right, just get bck on track, which you are, and you'll be fine!!!

Learn from your mistakes...that's what I always say!

Stay strong!

~Rob

• Juni:  Just wanting to make sure you got back on the wagon when it came around.  This is called Body for LIFE for a reason.  If you slip up, you pick yourself up, brush yourself off and pick up where you left off.  You can do this; you are doing it!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I agree with all the previous posts. Learn from it. I've always strongly believed that a free day will not hurt you or set you back but it is when that free day turns into 2..3....4 days that can set you back. I'm sure it's happened to most of us so you're not alone. Re-group and press on!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• I agree just get back on track again and you'll be back on the road to health again.

• I'm having problems with my computer---so this is my second attempt at posting a reply here...

BDMom-thanks for checking in and YES, I am happy to say that I'm totally back on track and have happily found my stride again.  Seeing how long it took to reverse the bloat was a real eye opener.  So I did walk away from that with a real lesson.  I feel so much better on plan!

I feel like I am on the brink of some really noticeable results so here's to a strong new week for everyone!

• So glad to hear you are back on track.  You are halfway there, right?  Keep pressing on and you will be so proud when you finish.  I am starting week 12 already and can see the finish line!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thanks BDMom---yes, I am starting week 7.  How exciting for you to be on week 12!!! Are you feeling good?  Where do you think you started seeing the most change?

• Hi Juni:

I started seeing some changes between weeks 8 & 10.  You can see my pics on profile.  I have been noticing steady changes over the past few weeks as well.  I know that the program is 12 weeks for a reason; sometimes that is the amount of time it takes to lean out enough to notice some of those changes.  Hang in there; you are doing it, woman!!

• I'm rounding out week 7 strong and am excited to take my end of week 8 pics.  I feel like I am right on the cusp of seeing some real change.

• I am impressed you are back on track and focusing on what you need to do. Realize, not too many people can do that!!! They will have a bad week and off they go! I was one of them--several slips and then I just gave up. I personally am on week 9 and I am finishing strong.  Stay strong and keep on keepin on. It doesn't matter that you fell, what's really key is you got right back up!!!!! You go!

• Thanks hitchens----I was determined from the beginning to finally whip my butt into true shape so even if it took me years, I knew I'd get back up.  I guess not giving oneself the option of quitting has helped!

But thank you for the encouragement.  I wish you the best on your journey as well. :)