Challenge 1 Complete! with Pics!

• Well here it is. 12 week Challenge Completed!

You can read my blog for my long winded final thoughts on the 12 weeks challenge, but I will summarize it a bit here.

What a fantastic 3 months it has been. Physically I feel like I turned back the clock 10 years or more. Physically and mentally I am in a place I don't think I have ever been before. My confidence has never been so high.The other day I was running out the door and my wife looked at me in my jeans and a t-shirt and gave me a whistle and a wink. I kinda stopped and looked at her and asked "do I look so different?". She replied that even more than the change in my physique, I radiated a confidence in myself she hadn't seen since we first started dating so many years ago.

Day 1 Measurements:

Neck 17.5"
    Chest 47.25"
    Shoulder (girth) 53.5
    Bicep 16.5
    Forearm 12.25
    Waist 48" Le gasp!
    Hips 46.25"
    Thigh 24.5"
    Calves 16"
    Height 71"
    Weight 245.4lbs

Using the Body Fat F Calculator here : http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
    34.76% BF
    159.84lbs lean Muscle
    85.16lbs Fat

My final measurements:

Neck 16.25
    Chest 45
    Shoulder (girth) 49.75
    Bicep 15.25
    Forearm 11.5
    Waist 39
    Hips 41.25
    Thigh 25
    Calves 16"
    Height 71"
    Weight 215.4lbs

Using the Body Fat F Calculator here : http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
    23.38%BF
    164.72 Lean Body Weight
    50.28lbs Fat

I am going to go get a professional body fat measurement next week as that one is not the most accurate. But for now, it is the same method as I used at the start so we will stick with it.

Net results.
    35lbs of fat lost.
    5lbs of lean muscle gained.
    30lbs net weight lost.
    11.5% drop in Body Fat
    9 inches off my abdomen.
    5 inches off my hips
    2.5 inches off the man boobs er.... chest!

Clothing from a tight size 42 pant to a comfortable size 36. Missed my final goal of a size 34 pant. I can get them on and done up, but still tight. Shirst wise from a 2XXL to a Large.

More than anything though, the fact I finished these 12 weeks without a single missed workout or any cheating on the diet has given me a sense of accomplishment I don't think I have ever had before. I gave it everything I had both physically and mentally and being able to look myself in the mirror and know that is a huge high point in my life.

I want to thank all the amazing members here. Your support,motivation and knowledge has made this journey possible. Special shout out to my fellow July 26ers Mike, Janine, Ponyd and my fellow Canuck Orrin. You guys are rock stars!

Pics will be up in a couple hrs.

• great Job Bill, be proud of all your accomplishments!  I have 2 weeks to go and I have to say this challenge does something to you that is very hard to express in words (it's so much more than the weightloss).  Looking forward to seeing your final pics.

• Day 1Front

Day 84 Front

Day 1 Side

Day 84 Side

Day 1 Back

Day 84 Back

and a couple flexing my stuff

• WAY TO GO, BILL!!! Lots of positive changes for you!! You did FANTASTIC! I especially like your comment that your wife made about you radiating confidence...I feel the same way! Isn't it the most wonderful feeling in the world?!?

Keep up the GREAT work!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Wow...35lbs lost is amazing!!! You look awesome as well!!!

Way to go dude! GREAT, great job!!!

All the best!

~Rob

• Wow!!! Congratulations Bill!!! You have been one of the nicest and most encouraging and supportive people in this forum. I hope you'll hang around the forum a bit! It is so great to see such a positive person get such amazing results! Again, congratulations. You did a great job!

The only real obstacles in life are those you place in front of yourself. There is always an alternative or another way around, even if that alternative is just looking at the obstacles in a positive light!

• WOW!!! GREAT JOB BILL!!!! Way to rock the confidence too! You can totally feel a difference looking at these!

• You look great!! I can see changes everywhere but the best change I see is the look on your face of pride!!  Love it! Great Job!!

We will all succeed................together!!

• Loooooooking!  Gooooooood! BcBill. What an amazing Transformation....Great work and I know you put in some really hard work......I can tell not only by your measurements, but by your pictures you have come a long way to your "Victory" of weight control.....Keep up the great work and you will soon be in that "Winners" circle....John

• Thank you all for the kind words. Still a ways to go to reveal that 6 pack I can feel but not see yet!

DebbieMo, it really is an amazing feeling! As much as we tell ourselves it shouldn't matter what others think of us, deep down we know it does to some extent. I used to agonize and worry about what I looked like when getting dressed to even go to the store, let alone out for a night on the town or over to our friends or families house for dinner.

The freedom, for lack of a better word, of just getting dressed with a quick look in the mirror and heading out without that internal worry is so liberating.

• Congratulations!! You've come a long way. Keep it up!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Great job Bill. Your hard work paid off. Thanks for the encouragement to all of us still chugging along. Seeing your results will definitely inspire others and let them know what can be accomplished if you dedicate yourself.

• Great job keep up the good work all your hard work paid off.

• Great job!!! You really worked hard!

• It's the smile that says it all!!  Nice job!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory