Kmiec123: Success Blog-Sept 3rd 2010 Start!

• Kmiec123: Success Blog Sept 3rd Start!

Ok, a little back ground. I am 36 years old and was involved in sports my whole early life. I always had a rule that the inseam on your pants should not exceed the width. About six years ago I refused to go from 34x34 to 36x34. I pushed it as long as I could, but after busting the button on a couple of pairs of Dockers I realized it was time for a change. I got with a friend that was a trainer and has some great results from July ’04 through Dec. ’04. Then the following January I meat a girl, most likely because I looked good, felt great and had much more confidence, and the dating continued, we got married in Oct. 2007 and are now expecting our first child. Long story short, I have let myself go over the last years and am heavier than when I started my last “Transformation” Hopefully a little stronger too….time will tell. ;) Anyway, I figured with our first child due Nov. 14th, the Sept. 3rd start is my last opportunity to get myself in shape and focus on myself before the baby come. I realize how much time that caring for the child and my wife will take so now is the last chance I got for a while. I know the last weeks will be a challenge to stay on track with having a newborn 2-3 weeks to completion, but I have to give it a shot.

I started eating better and working out about two weeks before the start of the challenge so I could get over some of the muscle soreness and get the meal plans and metabolism going. I am still trying to come up with a supplement plan to go along with my meal plans and times and when I do my workouts.

Currently My meal plans and times are:

5:00 am - Wake up

6:00 am - Meal #1    Start work

9:00 am - Meal #2    10 min Break time at work

11:00 am-Meal #3    20 min Lunch at work

1:30 pm - Meal #4    Leave work at 2pm

2:30 pm -  Work-out time

Protein Shake after work out

5:00 pm – Meal #5

8:00 pm – Meal #6

I may use meal replacement shake at some time and/or other supplement shakes: Armor, Push, etc. I am still thinking that one out.

Typical meals at this time are:

Meal #1

½ cup oatmeal-1 cup water

4 eggs using only one yoke

1-Orange

Meal #2

5 oz Chicken

¾ cup Brown rice

¾ cup Frozen mixed vegetables

Meal #3

½ can Tuna

Salad- ½ head of lettuce (No dressing)

Meal #4

5 oz Chicken

¾ cup Brown rice

¾ cup Frozen mixed vegetables

Meal #5

4 oz Chicken

4 oz Sweet potato

1-Apple (Red Delicious)

Meal #6

1 Can Tuna

¼ cup rice or Rice cake

Today's Mighty Oak is yesterdays Nut that held its Ground!

• Sept 10, 2010

The first week has gone pretty good. The Workouts are on track and the cardio is becoming easier to get through. It was a challenge having a three day holiday weekend to start off with. I went to visit family at a summer place in the country. I packed a cooler with a 4 days work of meals planned out and measured. I planned on having one or two “cheat meals” instead of a cheat day because I wanted to stay on track as much as I could. One cheat was at a Chicken BBQ. I had the ½ chicken dinner with a plain Baked potato and feed all the skin to my dog. Not a bad cheat in my opinion. :D The second cheat was my mother making a Rib dinner one night. I had about 6 ribs with veggies and a plain baked potato.

Due to the weekend I missed one weight training workout and had two cardio workouts in their place. I thing my dog really thanked me for that. Having a nice run in the country was good for the both of us.

• Hello! Kmiec123, It seems to me you have a great plan worked out and will be on your way to reaching tour goals....Stick with it and Success will be yours....John

• OK, Let me see if I can post some before pics. :D

Front:

Rear:

Front pose:

• Some more start information. I had my numbers measured at a Bally's Health Club. These are the results a trainer came up with:

Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 231 lbs

Body Fat: 25%

BMI: 30

Waist: 42"

Chest: 35"

Bicep: 16"

Calv: 16"

Quad: 22"  

• Starting week three and all is well. My “Cheat Days” have actually been more like “Cheat Meals”. Which I feel is a good think to start off with. Saturday I went to a Family function and party afterwards and had some mashed potatoes, veggies, and boasted chicken with a little mostacciolli. I tried to keep the meal as clean as I could as I know any catered food is loaded with butter and salt, and I can tell because it was really good. ;)

My legs were still a little sore for my cardio day so I did a run at night instead of the morning after a two hour fast. Then has some Cottage cheese with some grapes about and hour after. As the book teaches us, the outdoor runs are proving to be difficult to gage my intensity levels. I downloaded a free app, RunKeeper, which is helping with that challenge. It graphs my speed and can even log heart rate if I get an attachment. Here is a snapshot of the graph which shows I have some work to do to get the intervals correct, but a pretty good session no-the-less. :D

Other than that the Weight days have been great. I really dropped the weight and finally felt like a got a good chest day in this week. I still have not really felt sore and will try to push my chest harder on the next UBWO day.

• After reading Bill's book again this weekend, I considered taking his advise and working out on an empty stomach to try and burn more fat. My current meals are at 6am, 9am, 11am, 1:30pm, 5pm, and 9 pm. I work out at 2:30pm and have a shake after the workout. Should I skip the 1:30 meal and consider the shake a meal and not eat solid food until 5pm after finishing a workout at about 3:30? Any thought would be appreciated.

Carl

• Day 23 and all is well. Got a little better read out of my intensity on the run this morning.

Got a family party later today...all I have to do is stay away from the chips. :D

• yes would would consider the shake a meal also

"He who gains a victory over other men is strong;
    but he whos gains a victory over himself is strong(er)"

• I like your saying at the end of the blog. How True that is!!!

• Thanks, I agree how true it is. :D

• Been a hard weekend to stay motivated, but I pulled through. Put on a pair of jeans yesterday and a belt and noticed about three holes change to get the belt tight! NICE! Had a nice dinner out with my Wife and some friends last night, Had some pasta in a tomato and basil sauce with grilled chicken and asked to go easy on the salt and oil. Very tasty!

• Hello! My friend, You and I had about the same kind of weekend...I have been on a medication that makes me starve at night...and fighting it is difficult to say the least....Your choice at the restaurant was a good one and very smart indeed.....I can see the changes in your pictures and you are doing great!!!!  WOW!!!   Keep up the great work and you will be a Winner.....let me know how you posted those Pic's, I have not been able to do that.....John

• Just click the "Use rich formatting"  then click the little picture icon and add link to Potobucket or something or download the picture if the file is small.

• What is that??? 7 more leg workouts? NICE!!! I'm trying to make them count. I have to kick it up on my cardio sessions, but I really have been having some great results, even not giving 110%. This program really is simple and works great when we stick with it!