What is BFL? they asked

• When I decided to start BFL almost 4 weeks ago, I told a few friends and co workers about it, and showed them the website. As many people do, they said there is no way someone can make that type of change in 12 weeks, those pictures are photoshop, etc. Then the big one... Who is Bill Phillips? I said he is a pioneer in the fitness industry. He is the Joe Weider of my era. Well needless to say, they did not have very high expectations of what I could accomplish.

Fast forward 4 weeks: The past couple of days I have had no less than 6 people comment on my appearance. Now everyone wants to know what I am doing to lose so much weight. When I tell them I have only lost around 10 pounds they are amazed thinking I have lost much more. Friends are asking me about my workout routine, what I am eating, etc. I decided at the beginning that I was going to give it my all. I had toyed around with working out on and off for years, but never really got serious about things. BFL was an opportunity to harness my thoughts and energy into something that would potentially change my life forever. I am totally amazed at the internal changes I have had in such a short period of time. The external are not anything spectacular, but I feel mentally refreshed and focused like never before. I look forward to going home and working out. 4 weeks ago I looked forward to a beer and cigarette. My wife has decided last night that she wants to start BFL along with me.

This program works. If not, it wouldn't have been around for as long as it has. I heard a saying long ago that popped back into my head.. "If not me, who; If not now, when". I figure I am as deserving as anyone to succeed and intend to go the distance. Now is my time. I can only anticipate what the next 8 weeks has in store for me. Then years beyond that. Good luck to everyone in their challenge.

• Congrats Cuervo!

It truly is life changing in many ways. Ways that go beyond physical appearance. Just remember to tell them you are not just losing weight, you are completely changing your body composition. and that's why 10lbs of scale weight looks like so much more to the eye.

• Very nice story. I have a similar story at work. I just started in a new shop and they guys there did their own style Biggest loser challenge. That started on August 15- Nov 15th. After the first couple weeks I decided to get into this 100% and signed up for the Body for Life Challenge starting Sept. 3rd. I proposed to the guys at work to get in on the challenge as well and even the possibility of a group challenge. People seemed interested, but the follow trough was just too much I guess.....Getting 3-10 people together for a photo was just too much to schedule I guess. ;) I showed people the site and encouraged them to join, not sure it any have as it is only the first week in, but I'm sure the questions will be coming when they all see my results and they will wish they got into it with me. Then you may see them starting the next challenge next year. :D

"You can show them to the water, but you can't make them drink." Maybe my success will be motivation for others....that would be a great feeling if it works out.

Carl

Today's Mighty Oak is yesterdays Nut that held its Ground!

• I think the happiness, energy, and confidence is what really show and what people are seeing. The physical changes are just the icing on the cake. It is funny how everyone I mentioned BFL to was skeptical in the beginning, and now after 4 short weeks they are ready to be believers. I too hope that in the end I can be a motivation to someone who is on the fence about starting a life changing experience. All I can say is thanks to Bill Phillips, EAS, and Abbott for giving me the tools to make the change in my life.

• Hehehe... just wait until you hit week 12.  They will really want what you are having!!  Congrats to you!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Michelle, Isn't that about the time they will start sabotaging us, saying "Hay...come on out for a beer! one wont hurt." It seems we get great support until people really see results, then the jealousy sets in because they feel they could not do it, when in fact the BFL program is very simple.

Today's Mighty Oak is yesterdays Nut that held its Ground!

• Congrats on the feeling after just 4 weeks, Michelle is right, wait until the 12 weeks is over...it is the most AMAZING feeling AND it keeps getting better and better!

I'm a teacher and when I went back to school a few wks ago, tons of parents saw me and said, Oh my gosh, what happened to the rest of you, what's your secret and on and on...Anyways, instead of individually responding to each one, I decided to hold a group meeting at my school...As of this morning I have 42 people coming, one lady is taping it to make dvd's for those who can't be there.

I hope it goes well and I can change at least one person's life cause this is one of the most life-changing things I've done.

Best wishes to you on the rest of your challenge!

kmiec123-you can still go out, just choose not to drink; if they're jealous, that's their problem not yours. You are doing what is best for YOU, not them.

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Congrats on your efforts!!!  And thank you for your continued support for our program! Please continue to encourage others to participate.  

Best!

The BFL Team

• Wow!  Congratulations on your 4 week changes.....can't wait to see you at day 84!  Awesome Job!