I did it! Day 84...with pics =)

• AMAZING transformation!!! You should be so proud! Just wondering if you could provide the protein muffin recipe? Is it the one from this site? Or your own? I've been looking for one to break up the monotony :)

Thanks and congrats again! :)

• oh and one other thing... did you drink coffee on your 12 weeks? I have a cappucino made on 1/2 cup skim milk each day which I love (and need with frequent wake ups through the night from Mr 15mo!!), but if it will dramatically impact my results I guess it has to go!!

• Thank you everyone!

Perthmom~ I am currently recovering from some metabolic damage issues from several preps in a row last season...to be followed up by being very sick for several months (due to moving into a new place that was moldy--took a couple months to figure out) which left me unable to workout and barely work.  I'm working with a coach (Lean bodies consulting) for specializes in metabolic repair, and I am enjoying the process!  He preps the healthy way, with no rebounding post-comp.  Things have been going really well with him & I'm hoping to get back into competing this fall!  But I did lose some mass/strength last fall when out of it.  

Always fine to bug me along the way!  I have successfully led several friends (online and in real life + clients) through challenges that yielded results just as great (and sometimes BETTER!) than my own!  

• *btw, sorry for the delay in responding...have been in the process of moving from colorado to washington the past few weeks!  

Champagne4lulu~ I completely understand the need for coffee with a little one.  My son nursed through the night every two hours and we were nursing through my challenge.  I weaned him half way through though because he was 26 months and still nursing like a newborn & I was exhausted!  Within a few weeks, I started gaining natural energy.  I gave up coffee in 2004.  I would say black, if you can take it that way...not too sure how much that amount of milk would affect you, but maybe more experienced successful coffee drinkers could help!  Try maybe cutting back a little at a time and replacing with water until you make your way to water only?  How about UNSWEETENED almond milk?  Calories are minimal and it's nice and creamy.  I use it in my shakes.  That might be a good alternative.  

I made up my own recipe, but I'm sure there are several variations of it out there.  My fav is:

40g oats

2 egg whites

packet of splenda/truvia/stevia (I like truvia)

big dash cinnimon

80g cottage cheese

Mix in blender --I use a magic bullet

pre-heat skillet, spray with PAM....and cook as you would a normal pancake!  I frequently ate mine with sugar-free mrs buttersworth.  My favorite was the same recipe in a waffle iron (just make sure not to forget LOTS of PAM spray!), then when done sprinkle more cinnimon/truvia on top, and a TBSP of peanut butter + SF syrup.  YUM!  I even ate on my cheat day!

Here are the rest of the recipes I used on a regular (sometimes daily) basis:

Pumpkin protein pancakes

30g oats

1/4 cup pumpkin

1/4 cup ff cottage cheese

1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)

3-4 egg whites

splenda/stevia/truvia

vanilla, cinnamon

blend in blender and pour little circles on skillet. SO YUMMY!!!

(1 whole meal)

BURGER (ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!)

1 egg

1/2 cup oats

1/3 cup diced onion

1/2 cup chopped spinach

1 lb ground beef

2 Tbsp shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

whole wheat flat round buns

tomatoes, avocado, condiments (your choice)

1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg. Add the next six ingredients and

mix with your hands until well blended.

2. Form four patties. Place them on george foreman cook for 7-10 minutes or to your desired level of doneness. Or on the stove top about 6mins each side.

3. Place the burgers on buns and top with sliced tomato, avocado & condiments of your liking

I also do a chicken "fried rice" dish.. I would just throw one of those veggie steamers in the microwave (corn, peas, snap peas, carrots)...then on stove sautee onion & garlic, add an egg + 2 egg whites whisked in a bowl first with light soy sauce...when scrambled remove from pan. Then add cubed chicken breast & light soy sauce coating, when done add the eggs mix back in, and dump the done veggie bag in, stir it all up...in the meantime you've made brown rice. You can either dump the brown rice in with it all, or just dish it up on a plate and put the chicken mix on top. So yummy!

Protein banana bread

5 egg whites

1 whole egg

15g banana

30g oats

3g SF FF Banana flavored pudding mix

splenda/stevia/truvia, cinnamon

Mix all in blender. Pour into mini loaf pan

Bake 350 for 40-45 minutes

(one whole meal)

Blueberry muffins

40g (1/2 cup) old fashioned oats

5 egg whites

1 whole egg

76 grams blueberries

splenda/stevia/truvia , cinnamon

blend together in blender. pour into pam sprayed muffin pan

bake 350 for 30 minutes Makes 4 muffins

(I eat three of these as a meal, so triple recipe and get more servings!)

• Sorry for the weird line breaks int he recipes...the website does that.  If you want in an email, just let me know.

• I'm so sorry to hear you've been so unwell but glad to hear you are improving. What an ordeal! But your attitude is still so positive - yet another reason to admire you :)

Thank you so much for the recipes - I love to cook and these sound awesome! Can't wait to try. I'm in Australia so can't always get a lot of ingredients down here but they look like I could make them.

I hope you are 100% again soon and thanks so much for being an inspiration! xx

• You just blew me out completely and Im not joking!!!  I am in week 3 and am wondering if you felt the ab workouts were enough or did you do more..You look very hot, well done

• You look phenomenal!!! Great job and amazing results, you're an inspiration. Would love you to give a sample week of diet and exercise regime including the weights you lifted and your increments.... look forward to hearing more about your journey

"Train like an athlete, eat like a nutritionist, sleep like a baby, win like a champion"

• Champagne, Thank you!  I am now a believer that anyone CAN lose the weight if they have the right mindset!  

Auzzie~ I did exactly how laid out...sometimes I even skipped abs to be honest.  I don't suggest that, but heavy lifting engages the abs.  As my training advances after the program, my abs were even sore from TRICEP workouts!  And on prepping for fitness shows, just minimal ab work.  I do want to gain more mass in this area though so am focusing on adding more wear bearing exercises.  Thank you =)  

pinup~ Thanks!  I believe I added sample meal days from my journal in this thread early on...tons of extra helpful info/tips that also were key to my success.  Email me <travelwithmica@yahoo.com> for a couple pictures straight out of my journal from where I started at and my exercises.  

• Good job. You look amazing. Sorry you've been sick and dealing with a lot of stuff. Hope all is well soon.

Come visit my blog!

http://fittrac.blogspot.com

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you'll be right!

• Wow.totally amazing!! Nice work!

• Thank you so much for the pictures. You did an amazing job!!! I am starting on the 11th and need to get my mind in the right place. My biggest priblem is believing I can do this.. I did BFL in the late 90's and stopped at week 8even though I saw great results. I am 44 and about 25 pounds over weight. So I have a lot of work to do. If you have any input, I would love to hear it.  Thanks!! Great job, Can't wait to get started:)

• Greetings akmama08,   I hope that you are feeling much better nowand that you are on the rebound.  I would still like to be your friend on BFL and hope you will consider this sometime.  I can relate to the mold problem as that is a very common one down here in FLorida area with all the humidity we have here. (and of course it rains so much in the pacific northwest too). Do you have an online site or FB that I can subscribe to? Just curious.  wish you the best and Keep MOving FOrward! ( I am now on my C3 Challenge this month)

• wow well done you look fab :-)

• great work.  that's the definition of a transformation.