Vegetarian Succeeding!

• To encourage any other vegetarians using Body for Life - I am at Day 5, Week 7, I eat a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet (includes eggs and dairy), and I am thrilled at my Body for Life results to date.  In the last four weeks (since I began measuring myself), I have lost 4 inches from my waist, and 3 1/2 inches from my hips.  I have lost 12 pounds of scale weight since the beginning of the challenge and my clothes certainly do fit more loosely.  Don't let anyone lead you to believe that eating veggie will keep you from having success on BFL - just like everyone else, count your protein and carbs, drink plenty of water, hit your 10s and BFL will work!

• Really???  I would love to have some examples of meals!  I am not a vegetarian yet would love some more choices that are meatless!

Laurie

• LDPower, I use a lot of the frozen meat substitutes from Boca and Morningstar Farms.  My favorites are the chicken strips - great in fajitas and stir fry - and burger crumbles - mix with pasta sauce or taco sauce instead of ground beef.  I've also been enjoying Morningstar Farms sausage patties in the morning with egg beaters and half of a ww english muffin.  I also use the Lightlife sliced "turkey" and "hot dogs" for lunches.  You do have to watch the carb content and adjust the rest of your carbs accordingly, but I feel that I've had a lot of success so far and am really excited about these last few weeks!

• Thanks!  I am already a big fan of the Morningstar black bean patties!

Laurie