Traveling and . . . Sticking to it!!

• Hey everyone,

So I started My challenge last Monday, determined and focused. Week one went GREAT! I stuck to it ,did all of my mental exercises along with my cardio and weight training. I made meal plans and stuck to them.

Week two. . . . Had to travel to Louisiana, where the food is some of the best in the world!!! I was nervous to say the least. A few months ago I was here and gained 7 lbs in a week!!!

No problem! I got some great advice in the forum and put it to work. My hotel room has a fridge, so I went to the grocery store first thing. I loaded up on approved foods, Myoplex bars and RTDs. I brought my success journal to plan my meals and workouts. The gym at the hotel is substandard, but I'm making it work!

Going out to eat for dinner with associates has been a breeze as well. I took the advice I was given and asked for everything lightly seasoned with no oil or butter, kept my portions small and drank water.

My boss just got in today, looked at me, paused and said, "Wow, you're really losing weight". I'm not even on week 3 and someone noticed! It was all the encouragement I needed to keep it up!

• Good job staying focused! Being away from my home and routine has always been my biggest challenge. You are making it look like an ease.

Bryan

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• B Mick outstanding!!  Way to keep it all together under pressure!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• B Mick-Fantastic job on the planning and way to reach out for advice!! That's how people succeed!!!

And how Awesome is that, that your boss noticed after only a couple of wks!! Wait til week 12!!! Woop!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• It was your advice that set me straight! I really appreciate it!!!! I convinced myself it was do-able and I dropped ~6.5 lbs while I was out there!

• Great post!  I am just finishing week 3 and I've been having good results, but I'm scared because I have a lot of travel over the next 3 weeks.  But if you can do it, so can I -- you'll be my motivation!

Thanks for sharing your story and letting me know it can be done.  :-)

• Steve,

It is spooky but you CAN do it!! It's a truly big test and it proves a lot if you can do it!

Glad to be your motivation! I'm rooting for you!