Just want to be clear, are we talking about th Rocky THEME music which goes something like:
dun dun duhhh
dun dun duhhnnn\
duh duh duht duh duh duht duh duht duht duh duht
nah nah nahhhh
OR are you talking about Eye of the Tiger which goes something like:
dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga dugga
dunt dunt dunt dunt
dunt dunt dunt
dunt dunt duh duhhhhhh
I just want to make sure were all on the same page as to which song is most inspirational.
I reallyhope it wasn't my slightly stupid post that killed this thread.
I'll add another bonus #
He laughs at the meat heads who take 5 minutes rest between sets
Love this post.. Here is my 2 cents...
10. She craves a coke... goes to the vending machine, looks at all the options ands walks away with nothing.
9. Says "NO" to a bite of cake at the office birthday party.
8. Does not need an alam clock to wake me up at 4:50am.
7. Has saved lots of money taking my lunch to work instead of eating out every day.
6. Looks forward to getting on the scale every Sunday morning before my free day.
5. Still doesn't like water but drinks it anyway.
4. Likes doing yoga at night even after having worked out in the morning.
3. Takes her own ground turkey burger to a bbq because she doesn't want to eat a brat.
2. Loves going to work "sore" and having everyone ask me why I'm limping.
And the #1 reason,
1. Am proud to finally say "I am doing this, and no one can stop me but me. And, I am not stopping."
The staff at her gym know when she arrives in the morning and 'vacates' her workout circuit from the BFL wannabee's.
(this is fun)
what a great thread!! very inspirational for me :)
When little 'ol me walks into the weight room full of grunting meat heads like I own the place, stand with my shoulders back like they are as big as theirs, push my way through the testosterone, claim my place in front of the mirrors and bench and do my UBW like there is nobody there but me...
Chocolate Covered Broccoli
After silently reading various threads for weeks, this post finally made me post for the first time. Thanks!
10. She’s the one in the neighborhood speeding up and slowing down when she runs
9. She’s wearing on her wrist the chunky, sporty stop watch
8. She’ll be found racing her six year old on the beach at sundown when everyone else is taking a leisurely stroll
7. She’s the one carrying a cooler to work every day
6. She’s constantly stretching out her_____ (insert favorite muscle of the day here…calves, hams, triceps, etc)
5. She’ll send back the salad if the dressing isn’t on the side
4. She’s got protein bars in her purse
3. She might scowl if you step on her index card and golf pencil that’s on the floor next to her at the gym
2. She’s the mom at the kiddie birthday parties who hides in the bathroom when the birthday cake appears so she can eat the cottage cheese and strawberries she stashed in her purse
1. Her BFL book is coming apart at the seams!
Thanks for this. It’s so fun!
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten!
My FOURTH Challenge: May 23-Aug. 14, 2011. Began First BFL Challenge on June 21, 2010
Jen4life your post made me laugh out loud as I too have found myself in the toilet eating cottage cheese and fruit!!! Total unhygienic but sometimes necessary.
So mine are
1. She orders and entree and still leaves food pushed to the side of her plate
2. She always gets to choose were her and her partner eat out cos "its her free day" (bless him)
3. She lifts more than some of the guys in the gym to their shame
4. She'd choose brown rice over white everytime cos she likes the slight crunch
5. She craves protein pancakes instead of chocolate
6. She looks like shes about to die at the end of every cardio session but is still smiling
7. She smiles when she looks in the mirror and doesnt hate what she sees anymore
8. Shes the one at the movies with an apple, cottage cheese and water
9. Shes nearly bored her fiance to death on several occasions with BFL chatter (think i would have succeed by now without the forum :)
10. She is happy and positive about the future for the first time in a long time now she no longer stresses about her weight and feels fat and out of control
Wow writing those down really made me appreciate the huge changes i have made not to my body but my mind, thank you so much for this. 4 weeks to go and I am so pumped to see what I can achieve in this last 3rd
"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh
* thinks that a microwaved potatoe and fat free sour cream is an awesome reward for a good workout.
* has cravings for myoplex fruit smoothies and wonders if watermelon would be a good choice for the next one
* can not even comprehend starting his day without going to the gym first
* wishes vending machines stocked EAS products
* Is just slightly grossed out by the thought of eating 3 Mcdonalds double cheeseburgers, and a McChicken in one meal (this was pretty common for me before BFL)
* still secretly drinks Coke zero (shhhhhhh don't tell anyone)
* Has had absolutely no desire for beer since starting BFL (Thanks to whatever God or gods that be for that one)
Haha! Love it!! After reading this I went outside to do some much needed studing for a test that I have to take for work, but I kept thinking about my 10 ways! So I had to give it a shot, here goes:
1. She feels so good...she has pep in her step!
2. She lifts weights at the gym in the "mens side" of the gym...with her head held high!
3. She answers "yes" to the question, "You still on that diet?" Even though I explained the program to them.
4. She buys workout clothes and shoes with the money she is saving from not going eat out all the time.
5. She drinks her protein smoothie when the family goes out to get ice cream.
6. She no longer goes to Smoothie Rox everyday...now she makes her own.
7. She tells her family and friends "feel my muscle".
8. She now wears sleaveless shirts to show off her arms instead of hiding them like before.
9. She has to explain to the kids when they ask, "you are eating again, didn't you just eat!".
10. She actually likes the mirrors in her gym...before I used to run from them or ignore them, now I am looking and liking what I see!!!
I've got one more and only noticed this yesterday and it was a real break through moment for me
She no longer rewards herself with food; now she buys new gym clothes to celebrate achievements!!!
* He wonders if the gym isdoing ok without him on Sundays
When she is invited to her friend's 25th wedding anniversary party, the first thing she thinks of (after has it been 25 years already?) is "Oh good - the party is on my free day!"
* the last thing he does before going to bed is write down his goals and workout plan for the next day
* the first thing he does in the morning is check his Success Journal for the plan for the day
* has no idea what his active rest activity is going to be
* fits into a size smaller gym shorts
1. Always reads nutritional labels before deciding on the grocery store.
2. Tuna, Tuna, Tuna
3. Doesn't need a clock to know what time it is. The hunger knows.
4. Water: Refill, Restroom, Refill , Restroom.....
5. Always shooting for that elusive 10
6. 4:55 am is sleeping in.
7. Always looking for good sources of protein.
8. Wonders why he didn't find this 10 years ago.
9. Scale weight is just a number.
10 . Laughs at the gym rats that are there before and after the leaves each day.
“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”
© Abbott Laboratories,2013