40 Miles at Relay for Life!

• Before Body for LIFE-what a did at Relay for Life this weekend would never have happened. 

In honor of three incredible women who have battled cancer fiercely, I walked. 

I walked and I walked and I walked. 

Ladies and Gentlemen-I walked 40 miles in about 20 hours! 

I have never been so sore. My feet are cracked, I might lose a toenail, my legs are complete toast-like nothing I've ever felt in going on 5 years of Body for LIFE working out---but I walked 40 miles. At 239 lbs. pre-BFL, this never would have happened. 

Today I am so thankful for the opportunity of not only doing something to fight cancer, but for the fact that my body was able to do it so well. 

~To be great is not to be higher than another, but to lift another higher. 

• Congratulations!!!  That was an awesome thing to accomplish.  

Malena

• Congratulations.  I joined the committee for my local Relay for Life in 2007 (after my mom died), and help plan the event every year.  I don't "officially" walk it, since I am so busy running around getting stuff done.  Last year, during the event, just "working, I walked a marathon (26+ miles).  It's a great feeling.  "Cancer never sleeps and neither do we!"  God Bless You!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"