Michael T Harris - BFL Champion - Rest in Peace

• I am so saddened to share with the BFL community this morning the passing of a great BFL champion - Michael T Harris - passed away on Sunday, May 31st.  I have no further details at this time except to know that the Winchester Funeral Home is handling the arrangments..of which there are no details as of yet this morning.

Winchester Funeral Home
    209 State St
    Charlevoix, MI 49720

We have lost a great champion of the Body-for-Life cause.  Please remember his wife, Ruth, and their family in your prayers.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Workman

Rocking BFL since 2001! TNCHAMPWEEKEND.COM and BFLSPIRIT.COM

• Oh - my heart just dropped. I cannot believe this. Thank you for sharing, and please let us all know more when you can. ~Catherine Sperle (blessed to have completer 3 challenges with my hero BFLMike)

• Oh how sad!  My thoughts and prayers are with his family.  Please let us know if you find out more.

• Stephanie - Thank you for letting us know.  I am so sad to hear this and sorry for Ruth, George and his entire family.  Mike was such a special, gentle but heavy handed man when it came to BFL.  I'm so glad I had the opportunity to know him.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I think my heart just broke.  I cannot believe that wonderful man is gone.  He was such a blessing in all our lives.  I feel blessed that I did get to know him through this community.

• Thank you Stephanie for letting us know...We have lost a TRUE champion in Mike. He helped me so much during my journey and he will be so missed by me and  this community. Prayers go out to his family... ;(

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• I am a better person for having shared a fraction of my life with Mike. Such a generous, optimistic, goal-oriented, tough lovin christian. My admiration and respect to him for the way he lived his life. I will always try to practice the principles in life that he shared with me....Be generous and love others!

Comfort and prayers to Ruth and George. I take great comfort knowing that Mike had reserved a spot in heaven!

Rest in peace with Millie my friend!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• OMG.  RIP Mike.  Know that your work and dedication since you became the BFL champion will live on forever.

• May the Champion Mike Harris has always been to us remain what we focus on through our loss of him.  

He was a man willing to give of himself to others, the true example of what BFL stands for.  

My heart, thoughts and prayers are with his family and this entire community for such an enormous loss.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• My heart just sank. He gave back so much to the BFL community. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• I did not know him like most of you but my heart is burdened.  My prayers will be with his family and friends at this time of great loss.

Cory
    Life IS Good
    Not in BFL challenge currently

• I never met Mike in person but have spoken to him online many times.  He will be missed by so many.  Mike gave so much of himself to help others achieve their personal best.  God obviously has bigger plans for him.  Rest in Peace dear Mike.

• This is such sad news!!!  Mike has been such an inspiration to so many of us!  My heart goes out to his family.  

Rachel

Heaven just added one more angle.  

• Last year when I started my challenges and started posting on BFL, I met Mike.  He became my guide.  Here was a man a year older than me and still going full bore.  No other person ever made it so clear to me that old is just a state of mind.  I have always admired his incredible giving, his unbelievable discipline and commitment and his soft but firm way of helping and inspiring others.

I will continue to try to make myself the best I can be. Mike, thank you for raising the bar so high.

Via con dios..

10's in exercise and nutrition = 10's in life

• Mike Harris was a wonderful man and a real Champion! My thoughts and prayers go out to Ruth! Rest in Peace Dear Mike.

Sylvia Bortman

2006 BFL Grand Champion Women's 50+