Almost Gave Up.... at ten weeks!

• Week 9 starts tomorrow. I too...little to show for...9lbs and 2" for each measurement. I thought I would look like Barbie by now....hahahha! I love working out. Not giving up, BUT I NEED to lose more weight...that is my goal. So I have had the absurd idea of doing the Lemon Cleans diet or even Atkins and keep working out as I have been. I know, I am mad and should trust the system, but I need to be 10 kgs lighter by end of challenge (4 weeks). Not so interested in muscles showing, but more a thinner body. I will then take a month off and start C2 in August.

Thoughts?

• Jaja and Stacy - Every time I thought about adding more to the program or giving up, I took a long hard look at how well I was actually working the program.  Post on here exactly what you are eating and what your workouts are and some of the experts on here will help you out.  Follow the program - it will work!  I decided a few weeks ago that I wouldn't take professional pics b/c I really wasn't seeing enough change in my lower body.  2 days later I measured my hips and they were an inch smaller.  Don't just look at the scale - it's not always the best indicator of your progress.  Please stick with the plan and trust that it will help you achieve your goals.  You can do this think without hurting your body or going to extremes.  Also, keep your overall goal in mind, is it just to lose weight or do you want to be healthier and learning a healthy lifestyle? I understand that feeling of "it's not working" and then had many moments of "Oh my God, who is this person in the mirror?" You will get there, be patient, work hard, hit your 10s, eat clean, push that cardio as far as your body will let you take it!  You can do this!  You will do this!

runninggrl :)

• With all due respect jaja, what are you saying!?!  Why would you take a month off!?!  You've already started the process which works from the inside out.  This is not a quick fix, at least no quicker than 12 weeks.  Depending on where you started you may not see your ideal goal body in one challenge.  You should be realistic about getting there.  Usually if you have more than 20 or so pounds to lose you'll need to do more than one challenge.  This program really does work.  You should continue on.  If you are at the end of a a challenge take no more than 2 weeks active rest and then start another.  Active rest is continuing to eat 6 small meals a day following the authorized list of foods and doing something fun, no lifting.  I just did a brisk walk on the treadmill 3 days a week and I still lost 3 lbs during that period.

Do not quit!  You risk losing all the hard work you have done so far and gaining all your weight back and more.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• running girl is correct.  STAY OFF THE SCALE!!!  I can tell you that I weigh 10lbs more than I did wearing the same size 8's preBFL.  Now I wear a size 6.  When you lose, really who cares what the scales says, and besides that no one will know what you weigh unless you tell them.  Take photos and use your measurements as a way to see the changes.  Also BELIEVE what you feel.  I can't tell you how many times people will say their cloths are loose but the scale hasn't moved and then they get so down about that.  How in the world can we allow the scale to tell us what's really going on when what we feel is so obvious?!  Remember we didn't gain overnight and we certainly will not lose overnight.  Be patient and work hard.  It will pay off.

• One more thing.  When I did BFL in 2003, I got to week 10 and did quit because I was happy with my results.  I was a size 10 and thought I could make it to size 8 on my own.  I didn't get to 3 months before I started to gain the weight back and by the time I was ready to start BFL again, it was 2009 and I was wearing a size 18.  I was at my all time highest weight ever (209 lbs) and size.  Do not quit and remember this is Body-for-LIFE, not Body-for-12 Weeks.

• GREAT POSTS SHARON AND RUNNING GIRL!  

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Julie