Almost Gave Up.... at ten weeks!

• I was sick the past 2 days and after looking at all of my photos, I realized I hadn't really lost ANY weight or inches. I was very depressed and thought about how easy / easy my life would be if I just threw the towel in and gave up.  I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted and never drink water or eat cottage cheese again. I headed to the fridge with a big fork and my husband stopped me and said "You can eat how you want to eat but not look how you want to look, or you can look how you want to look but not eat the way you want. You can't have it both ways. What is it?" He's right. 
    No, I'm not seeing the results I want... but I could be worse by not having even started the program. The weight took a long time to build up, so naturally, it will take some time for it to come off.  

Stacy Lynn

• Stacy,

You are so lucky to have that support.  Congrats for not giving up.  We are all different - some of us may need 2 or 3 challenges before we see the "after" that we REALLY want!  Keep up the good work girl!  Stay strong - you will be a better person for it (mentally, physically and emotionally)

Nancy Jo

• Your husband loves you very much.  You should finish this thing really strong for the simple fact that he cared enough to say what he said.  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Nice job hanging in there!  It WILL happen.  

runninggrl :)

• I'm in week 10 and have also been unhappy with the results I have gotten so far and have had thoughts lately of just saying screw it. The only thing that keeps me from doing that is that I made a promise to myself to follow this thing through to the end. I've been second guessing everything I've done and wondering why I'm not seeing the results like other people have.

• Please, please, please do not quit!   If I would have quit in week 10 I wouldn't have looked any different than that week 8 picture.  No matter what you are in a better place than when you started right?   Just make a promise to commit 100% these last 2 weeks and you will not be sorry.   Just please don't quit.

• Thank God for your husband.  And thank God that you were able to listen!  Glad you didn't give in.  Keep on keepin' on!

• Hey Stacy 815,

I'm in week 10 right with ya.  Last week was a plateau of sorts for me as my weight loss slowed down.  I am riding out the emotions of it as I look back at my "before" photo.  There is so much chemically/sciency stuff involved in body recomposition.  Read this please, it help me some.

www.bodyrecomposition.com/.../of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

• Thanks James. Interesting article. I'm in week 10 also and still wearing the same size. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I feel really good despite my clothes fitting the same. I have to go to a wedding in 2 weeks and really wanted to look lean and buff.....oh well.

Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible. ~Fortune Cookie~

• Im in need of help too... Im in my 7th week and am just losing the momentum.... had some good results, 17 inches and 5lbs .... I just cant seem to find that drive right now, what the heck is going on.  I was doing SO  well.  I feel your pain I really do, it seems so much easier to just give in, but I KNOW the easy road is the HAPPY road in the long run.  Thanks for your post, what a great husband.

• Stick with it...the body holds on but if you keep working at it, the body's gotta give in and drop some weight.  Remember, the body doesn't like change so it holds on to every ounce...until it can no longer do so.  

Great job thus far!!

DAVE

• I'm CiW9D6 and in the same boat. Wow. I just posted in My Transformation about this. It's only the promise I made to myself to finish that keeps me going....

I can finish. I just wish I could finish beautuifully, and I feel like I have made no progress.... it's quite disheartening.

I will finish, though, and I will be a better woman for it.

My NEXT challenge, I will work to find out what works better for me. :)

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Hi Stacy,

I totally understand how it feels like, After losing 10 lbs. in the first 2 weeks, I haven't lose a single lbs. since then ( I am wrapping up my 6th week tomorrow) and started to doubt, but what keeps me going like the rest of these great guys in the thread is the promise that I made to myself that  will finish what i have started. We all know that BFL strengthens the body, but it also increases our internal strength. When we push ourselves to hit that level 9 and 10, when you feel it's too heavy, you use inner strength to get the work done. It builds inner strength muscle which we use in achieving whatever our heart desires; in building wealth, in our careers, in handling relationships and so on.

Bottom line is, you are doing very well, sticking with the program, keeping your promise and building your body and inner strength. We can do this!!! Also today, I had an opportunity to ask a Catholic priest about his homily, he said that God gave us everything we need to succeed, so I asked for a bible reference, he pointed me to the creation when God made man to His image and likeness - we have the capability to be great.

So let's go out there, continue pushing and kick butt!!! & you are lucky to have a supporting husband, I am happy for you guys, good luck, never lose faith and just do it!!!

• Keep going Stacy, you can do it. It may take more than one challenge to get where you want, but what have you got to lose, other than that which you want to lose......

• Stacy your husband is great for supporting you the way he does.  Good for him and for you in realizing you need to stick with it!

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!