Challenge #2 - when to start?

• This my last week of my first challenge.  I am very happy with the progress I have made.  But  I know I will need to do another one to be where I want to be.  I had planned to take 2 weeks of active rest and then start my second challenge on June 7th.   There here is the problem.  We have now entered rally season!  June is Hogrock River Rally and July is The Boogie.  They are both 4 day motorcycle rallies that are literally 4 days of camping and drinking.  So do I go ahead and start the challenge and just realize those 8 days will hinder my results.  Or do I wait until after the rallies to start he challenge and just do my own thing in between?  I'm looking at end of July if I wait.   I'm thinking go ahead and do it and just do my best at the rallies.   Eating shouldn't be a problem.  And I'll do lots of walking.  But I will be drinking A LOT during those days!   Thoughts?

• Heather, I would go ahead and start the challenge on the 7th....this program is for Life, there are things that will always come up in our lives that we want to partake in and we shouldn't have to plan our challenges around fun stuff. Just as long as you realize that the results may not be the same...in this case, your off rallying weeks, you can kick it super hard.

Congrats on the end of the challenge and good luck with your second! Your rallies sound fun!! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• I agree with MO. For me, if I put it off that long, I would probably find another excuse to put it off again and again....

Have fun at those rallies girl! Vroom Vroom!

• Then June 7th will be the planned Challenge #2!  I don't think I would have made it that long anyway.  I'm kind of addicted to lifting weights at this point.  I'm not really looking forward to the 2 weeks of active rest but I know my body needs it.

Deb the rallies are a BLAST!!!!  I can't wait to show off my new muscles either!

• Hi Heather - I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Next week is week 12 of my first challenge and I've been wondering what I should do as well. We do lots of camping over the summer and I'm concerned that if I start a new challenge right away, I'll hinder my results - or my fun - with the camping trips. So instead I've decided to still follow the program during the summer, just not as strictly as I have during my initial challenge (I haven't had so much as a cookie crumb, except on free days). If I drink a beer or miss a cardio day I won't stress about it. My goal is to maintain where I am over the summer and start challenge #2 in September. Congrats and good luck!