Frequent bathroom trips

• i know this has been discussed in other threads but i don't have time to go through them all to find it SO :)  - what is the census, so to speak, does the number of trips slow down as you get further into clean eating or is there something that can be done or. . . . .  ?

Thanks for the info and opinions.

Cory
    Life IS Good
    Not in BFL challenge currently

• HA!!! I wish!  I think (well atleast for my body it's this way...) it goes like this:

You are used to drinking only 30 oz of water a day. Your water "out take" level ...(or pee) is maybe once every 3-4 hours respectively.

Once you up your water intake....say to 50 oz a day, your body jump-starts and tries to pee out the excess water that it is not used to, in order to keep it's "normal" water level in balance. If you keep drinking the 50 oz of water a day, this becomes your new "water level".... the peeing levels off to pretty close to normal. If you up your water intake to 60 or 70 ounces a day, the same thing happens, and so forth. HOWEVER- I have been drinking about 2 liters of water in a span of about 8 or so hours and I literally have to pee every 10 min's. I have been doing this for about a month now, and I am still doing the Pee Dance in the hallway at work.

Stacy Lynn

• I dont know the scientific reasons either - but I like the way you explain it Stacey. I might add, that perhaps it takes time for all our cells to adjust to the new water it can have and hold to operate better, and if you are drinking it too fast, it finds the quickest route out. Try to spread your intake out through the day if you can.

PaulF (wherever he is) said once that the only time he doesnt have to pee is when he is peeing. Very true - especially in those early weeks. Dont let that stop you from drinking though - water and runners are just 2 of the best ways to lose fat.

• Yep, in my 2nd challenge now LifeIsGood, and I'm still in the bathroom every 35-45mins.  No slow down at all.......

• LOL  thanks Armster :)

Thanks everyone else also - was just hoping that this was not going to be the "norm" for the rest of my life.  Oh well if it is right?  :)

Cory
    Life IS Good

• Think of it this way..... People will see you and say "Man! that person sure does pee ALOT!!..... but sure looks good!!  <whistle>"

Stacy Lynn

• lol... you could make it the new "in" thing!  Crowds always follow gorgeous in shape people! Soon everyone will be headed to the restrooms.

Stacy Lynn

• LOL  -  hmmmmm sure puts a new spin on the question my son always asks "why do girls always have to go to the bathroom TOGETHER"?           AHHHHHH HAHAHA

Thanks for the chuckle Stacy Lynn  have a STUPENDOUS weekend!!!

Cory
    Life IS Good

• Do you think doing Kegels would make a difference, any difference?  I have had two children and have been an avid Coca Cola addict for many years - i am sure my bladder is not in the best of shape

:)  OK that is just funny.

Cory
    Life IS Good

• Yep....every 45 min. or so it's off to the bathroom.  I've actually got the system down pat. As long as I'm at home or at work there is no problem. If I know I have to be out running errands or shopping I simply hold off on the water until a little later then drink extra to make up the difference.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• I've found drinking slower helps a lot. Your body can only assimilate so much water at one time.

Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible. ~Fortune Cookie~