Week 7 slump

• Anyone else hit a slump halfway through? I seem to be lacking motivation this week. I am tired. Had a busy weekend with my sister's baby shower on Saturday. Ate like a maniac on Sunday free day. Missed my first workout in 7 weeks yesterday because I overslept, which I know is an excuse because I could have gone last night after work. I made it to the gym and hammered out a great LBWO this morning and it felt great. But I need to revive the gung ho attitude I have had up until this week. I am seeing great results and have no intention of quitting at this point. Just wondering if anyone hit a low point and how you got your mojo back? : )

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• Its funny you wrote this- I was just thinking about how hard weeks 6 and 7 were. They were dreadful to me. I felt totally zapped of energy and kept thinking to myself.... I could have starved myself and been twice as thin by now. I hardly see any results!!! But I kept going. I am so glad that I had. About week 8 (this week) I tossed out 2 pairs of pants because they do not FIT anymore!!  

What I did was this:

re-read BFL book, switch up my exercises and revamp my menu items. I came up with new recipes.  Find what gets you excited about BFL and go with it!

Stacy Lynn

• AT LEAST YOU LAST UNTIL WEEK 7 TO HAVE A SLUMO. I HAD MINE AT THE END OF WEEK 3 AND WEEK4. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

• Nice suggestions Stacy.

I am going to try that.

"What you put in, is what you are going to get back."

- Terry

• Thanks Stacy for the suggestions. I actually played around in the kitchen today and found a few new things to eat. And I added a few new exercises to my LBWO this morning that I'm pretty jazzed about. I think I just need to keep picturing myself at the end of my 12 weeks and power through!

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• Absolutely I got a funk on week 5-6. I am in Challenge 3 and it happened all 3 times. Hang in there, it will get better.

• I think I hit the same slump around Week 6.  It was the first time I started thinking. "Is this over yet?"  Now I'm in Week 9 thinking "I need more weeks! I'm not ready!"  I also started to mix up my exercises at that point and I think that's when I discovered fish again because I got so sick of chicken breasts.  I like to try on my bathing suit whenever I feel like I'm losing motivation.  The progress encourages me, and the areas needing work motivate me even more!  Your mojo will return!

runninggrl :)

• Stacy's ideas are great. Change up the exercises, get a few new food ideas, and re-read the book. easy, simple, it works! So, when I get there (and I am sure my slump is due soon) that is exactly what I will do!

• Yes I agree with Stacy.. Weeks 6 and 7 are tourture but just you wait to see the results. Your machine(Metabolism) is burning now!!!!

• I'm also in week 7 but am all jazzed..mainly cuz i got new music from iTunes...Shape Cardio workout called Now & Then...it's a moderate pace which is perfect for my treadmill HIIT and I also listen during weights.  It's uplifting...I added some of my own stuff at the end for cool down and inspiration.

It's working great...the minute I put the plugs in...I get all revved up to go workout. (I edited it and don't use all the songs).  Hope this helps..

Tammy - Atlanta

You Get What You Give -'... if you feel your dream is dying...hold on tight...you've got the music in you...you only get what you give.'  (New Radicals)