12 Week pics!

• Ok - well, here goes nothing!  I just posted my 12 week pic in my profile.   I'm not sure if this is the pic I will use to send in with my packet, but it gives a good idea of my transformation.

You know what's funny?  Even though I'm only a few pounds away from my goal weight, I feel like I'm just beginning my journey.  I'm pretty happy with my fat loss, but I'm excited because I want to keep going!  I'm thinking about doing an amateur figure competition maybe next year - I really have to lower my body fat more and get more cut, but this is fun as hell!  It's like I'm an artist and I'm sculpting my body into exactly what I want it to be!  It's so exhilerating!  So, anyway, here are my results.  Hope you enjoy!

Heather

"Without struggle there is no growth"

• Congratulations! You look fantastic! I am hoping for such good results when I'm at 12 weeks. I also have aspirations to do a bodybuilding competition. I know I have a long way to go, but am enjoying the getting there :)

• You rock !!!! and you look great and I hope you are proud of what you've done !

• Amazing results!! You look wonderful!

Your arms, abs and legs look so much tighter!!!

Stacy Lynn

• YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL PAINTEDHEATHER!

Congratulations on finishing 12 weeks!! Cartwheels and flips for you!

And I agree - the fun is just beginning for you - you have an awesome base to build on. As you continue with BFL you are going to get more ripped and cut or whatever term you like! Its true. Strength and definition is for the taking. All you have to do my dear is rest and repeat.

High 5. JOHNNY - WE HAVE ANOTHER WINNER!!

• Heather, I think you are truly awesome for completing your 12 weeks!  You look FANTASTIC, and you you have definately inspired me to keep going with my 12 week challenge!  I wish you all the best of luck, and even though I dont know you, I am very proud of you!

• Congrats!  You look amazing!   Great arms!  I have 4 weeks  to go and love to see inspiring photos.

runninggrl :)

• Thanks all!  You really know how to make someone feel great!  I've been feeling self conscious about my picture since I put it up, but I actually feel great now after all your kind comments.  Thanks again, couldn't do it without all of your support!

Heather

• Thanks, Legs!  I've appreciated you greatly over the past 12 weeks.  BTW, how long is it suggested to rest?

Heather

• Thanks superstar! Here is a post from Mike Harris - he explains it well. I personally took 2 weeks between C1 and 2 and only 1 week in between 2 and 3. You will know when your body is ready. It does need to rest though. Chances of you burning out, losing desire and also overtraining and getting injured are things to think about if you only take one week off. At the time between 2 and 3, my mind was not in a good place...I needed the structure and discipline of BFL and got back in the game early. Here's the post....:ACTIVE REST – BFLMIKE!</FONT< big>

Are you planning another challenge after finishing the one you’re in now? If so, the material that follows should be of some interest and some help to you. It seems like roughly one-half of those who start and complete a 12 week transformation challenge are planning on going into another one in order to get into the shape that they want.

The first thing I want to ask you–actually I’m begging you–is to NOT GO IMMEDIATELY from one challenge right into the next one without a break. Here’s why. Whether you really feel like it or not, a transformation challenge takes a toll on you. The early rising, strenuous exercising and relatively strict dieting are good for you–but over 12 weeks time they can also wear you out.

You deserve AND NEED a week or more of rest before you get back into the gym. Think about this: If you go right from one challenge to another, what you’re really doing is taking a 24 week challenge. That’s nearly 6 months, and it’s longer than most should be doing. Most second and subsequent challenges that occur without a break between tend to be very unproductive and unhappy experiences. They also tend to be more often plagued by injuries, illnesses and overtraining effects.

My favorite fitness author, Albuquerque attorney Clarence Bass, coined the phrase "active rest." That’s what you need to do between challenges. What you need to do, for at least one week and preferably two, is to stay clear out of the gym and away from the weight lifting routine entirely. And don’t worry about losing muscle mass, you won’t. The phenomenon called muscle memory will put you right back into the groove very quickly once you are rested. In fact, you might actually pick up some muscle mass due to the well-deserved rest. Your joints will thank you for it too.

Instead of lifting weights, do one or two of your favorite non-resistance training types of exercises. I do lots of calisthenics such as pushups, pullups, and squat jumps. I also do some bike riding or stair climbing. I take very long walks with my dog. Others enjoy things like swimming, mountain climbing, hiking, or even chopping wood and heavy gardening activity. This gets you out of the old groove, works different areas of your body, and still gives you plenty of fat-burning and fitness forming activity.

As for the diet, stick with the six meals a day. But, add in a bit of red meat if you are inclined, and experiment with some non-typical foods. This might be a good time to try a little of that natural peanut butter you’ve been craving. I eat a fair amount of non-tropical fruits and berries as carb portions during my rest periods. And I eat some lean red meat which has lots of creatine in it. Don’t make your two weeks off a two week free day or you’ll regret it.

Consider your two weeks active rest a working vacation. You’ll be amazed at your renewed strength, your enthusiastic outlook, and your youthful appearance following your time off. If you don’t do it, you’ll feel like you’re dragging a 100 pound anchor around with you for the next twelve weeks. Which one sounds like the best bet to you?

• Congratulations!! Great job. I'm 2 weeks behind you. I will also post my pics at the end of my challenge.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Awesome, Heather! You look beautiful! Thank you for sharing your photos = they are such an inspiration! I'm at C1W5D6, and I find myself flagging a little. I know it's just hormones, but I'll be glad when I'll be able to say I've come as far as you - you look so young and vibrant! Congrats! :D

~Kimmie

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Wow, fit4life - you look amazing - what on earth will your after pics look like?  :)

Thanks for the kinds words, Kimmie!  You'll get there - just stay the course and keep your eye on the prize!  

Heather