Not losing lbs like I expected

• I started BFL on 11/1/13. The week of Thanksgiving wasn't perfect :) but, other than that, I'm working hard. Eating 5 small meals a day, working out 6 days a week, but not losing. I've lost about 5 lbs and my pants fit a little better, but I feel like I should be losing more (I have about 30 lbs to go). I did BFL about 10 yrs ago and had a lot more success by this point. The differences between then and now are:

I'm 10 yrs older :(

I'm working out in the afternoon rather than the morning

I'm eating 5 meals rather than 6. (Doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get that 6th meal in)

I don't feel discouraged to the point of stopping because I feel great! I just want to figure out what I need to do to move my metabolism into a higher gear.

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated?

• Take another a picture and compare it to your stat pictures. I bet you will be able to see a difference and that will give you the reassurance that you are getting results that the scale is not able to provide you right now. Remember you are adding muscle as you lose weight and in terms of mass muscle weighs more than fat.

• I don't see much difference. Could I really be adding that much muscle?

• I think you could be. The important thing is you feeling better. Everybody experiences weight loss at different rates. Yo may lose 5 lbs this week and then go a couple weeks without any change to the scale and then drop a few more pounds.

• I'm going to keep at it! Like you said, Dan, I feel better!!! I'll report back in a couple of weeks. Thanks! :)

• The real results will show up closer to weeks 8-10.  You will really notice the difference in the mirror then!!  Use the scale as a positive tool as to where you need to make adjustments, not as a negative and be depressed!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM