Time of day to work out

• There is a bit of a debate on another thread as to what is the best time of day to work out and whether to do it on a full or empty stomach. So, I decided to devote a thread to the topic.

I agree, that this various from person to person and that the individual needs to do what works best for them.

For two reasons I prefer first thing in the morning.

First off, it is just a great what to start the day. The workout actually gives me energy and helps embrace the rest of the day.

Secondly, my workout is done. Too often when I have planned a workout at a different time of the day, something has come up and the workout was skipped. However, when I schedule it first thing in the morning I find it much easier to stay on track.

What is your preference and why? 

• Same here, plus like I said in another thread, cardio done fasted helps burn fat faster.  So morning it is for me!!

Tis better to look UP in the mirror to be inspired than to look DOWN at the scale and lose your desire!! - SEM

• Sometimes its hard to drag my butt out of bed at 5 am to work out before work. But once I got use to the idea it was no big deal. I too like starting my day off with a killer workout. It kinda helps set the tone for the day plus I feel great afterwards. I do it on an empty stomach but get some protein in pretty fast afterwards.

• I used to be a PM only type person but now prefer to workout in early AM because it does seem to give me lots of energy throughout the day and my results seem better, but to help with muscle confusion I do an occasional evening workout during the week as work sometimes requires (and gym hours of availability , not open before 8am on weekends, two of my workout days each week).