OMG trying trying trying......

• ok so 2nd day of 3rd week. So water retaining right now.. few days b4 "time" i have made progress for first 2 weeks some not much..... I am seeing the #s r bigger due to water trying to not focus on that though....I am 2 and 1/4 inches down and 5 lbs. so far.. did snitch a few pringles yesterday like 7 of them.. starving with the cravings.... but good at the same time...I am excited to see if there is any change in 4th week. I am hopeful but not trying to get my hopes too high.... Hows everyone else doing? Did anyone else notice 4th week as a good week or eh?

LIFE IS ONLY 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% HOW YOU REACT TO IT

• Looks like you need to read the Ladies Success Journal.  Everyone is different.  Not many see changes in 4 weeks.  It takes 12 weeks.  This works from the inside out.  Be patient and when it's that "time" is the worse but it will pass and you'll see that you are doing just fine (as long as you are following the book).

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Thanks.... I am in it for a full 12 wks and then some  for life actually... i gage my every few week changes as encouragement for myself... I know it usually will take time.. I aam not hoping for a miracle overnight haha....I am excited and I do believe that each small change adds up and equals a bigger change.. so I am watching for all those little pieces to my puzzle so it will add up.....

• You can do it! I think just making it through the first two weeks is the hardest part. Soon you wont have to make such an effort with the eating/it will just come naturally. I definitely saw some changes at week 4. Are you going to take a pic?

• Thanks for that... have a b4 pic whoa wow.... hmmm kinda scary and I may post if I get brave enough to..and if I am so vastly improved haha I am glad you saw 4th week cuz thats what I am hoping.. small stuff yea but they snowball together I figure....

• Yep! I'm hoping for a little reward for my efforts in w4 also! Right now I'm w4 D1!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• I still view my 4th week as the beginning of the beginning. After the 4th week, the muscle definition showed up and my body finally caught up with my brain.

Good luck!

Stacy Lynn

• Not much change for me in the 4th week other than how I felt, I see a little change now that I'm in the middle of my 6th week.. I'm still hitting it hard. Yes, read the Ladies Success Journal. Also, there was an article comparing BFL to a roll of paper towels... that really helped me. Although I don't know how to find it. I can ask on the general forum or the coffee crew forum, someone there is sure to know.

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• Here it is Tisha28! I love this theory!!!

Here’s a little inspiration for those of you who are worried about not seeing any changes in your body so far. It’s what I call the "Paper Towel Theory"

Let’s assume you go out and buy two rolls of paper towels, each with only 84 paper towels on it (one for each day of the challenge).

You put one aside, and keep it for future reference (your "before" picture).

The other one represents you (I’ll call your paper towel you "Ed"). The core represents the lean Ed. The towels represent the fat that is covering the lean Ed. For sake of argument, let’s say that Ed wants to lose 21 pounds of fat, so (84/21) each sheet represents a quarter-pound of fat lost. Let’s also assume that Ed loses his fat equally during each day of the challenge.

Each day during the first week, you tear a sheet off of Ed, representing the fat he has lost for the day. Next, you put Ed next to the full roll ("Big Al") for comparison. No noticeable difference!!! Even at the end of the week! This can’t be working for me!

But, being a good Ed, you continue to follow Body-for-LIFE. At the end of weeks two and three, you continue to compare Ed to Big Al, and still notice very little difference. That stinkin’ Bill Phillips MUST be a liar!

But Ed is determined! He works hard! Hitting his 10’s…eating his 6 daily meals. Three more weeks go by, the sheets peeling off day after day, before Ed gets up the courage to stand next to Big Al again. Holy Myoplex! Ed is skinny! OK, not skinny, but less huge!!!

By the end of the 12-week Body-for-LIFE program, Ed is down to his lean dream, or somewhere near it. Ed is happy. We are happy. Big Al – well he’s not so happy.

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around, that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area – just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same – your perception is just different! And you’ll never see the inside, if you aren’t patient while the outside is coming off!

Seems so logical when you read it like this!

This article and other great stuff on www.hussmanfitness.com

Live   Love   Lift!

• Oh... what is the ladies success journal?

Live   Love   Lift!

• Click on the blue words in my previous post.  It will take you to the journal which will explain what it is.  Basically it's post from ladies who saw success after 12 weeks.  Many of them were ready to give up prior to that.  It's very inspiring.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Thank you Sharon! I printed it out & I can't wait to read it!

Live   Love   Lift!

• Read it and found it very inspiring and motovating!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Dee

Live   Love   Lift!

• Alrighty, let's be real...you are not starving.  You are experiencing some psychological cravings and you gave in.  No biggy in the long run as long as it does not become a slippery slope for you.  For your own sake remove the offensive items from the house and revisit them on free day.  I keep free day items on the highest shelf in my house so that if I ever thought about eating them, I would have to make an effort.  On week eight right now and it hasn't happened yet.

If you truly believe you are starving revisit your portion sizes and add more veggies

Keep at it and with us try2bfit75, lots of folks here to cheer you on.

• tHANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT... I havent had any starvation cravings except for monthly stuff....it is hard but doable... Thanks!!!!!